New to AP9X

BanditMan15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a new AP9X Kessil I have just put on about 3 months ago. I am new to this style lighting for I always ran T5s. Honestly after the acclimation period, I left everything factory setting. Does anyone have any suggestion what I should be setting this thing at? Tank majority LPS and Softies torchs, Duncan, frogs hammer shrooms leathers bta,s and acans....I also am in need of an arm to fit this AP9X!! If anybody has a friend getting rod of theirs ! Thanks all!

sghera64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the beautiful things about Kessil logic is that other than power, or going crazy with UV, Green or Red, you can simply turn the CLR (color) and the Intensity to what looks good for your eyes.

I supplement with T5 in my 135 Gallon display. I use 1 AP9x for 1/2 of the tank supplemented with 2 x 39W T5 ATI Blue Plus bulbs. I've taken some PAR readings if that helps and attached them below. These are with no other lights on (no T-5, no ceiling lights, no sunlight, no spill-over from other tanks, etc.).

AP9x PAR.jpg

The Apogee meter I used (SQ-520) under reports PAR by about 19% in the UV range and by 8% deep blue range.

I highly recommend using the acclimation period when adding any new corals beneath this light for 6-10 days.

Back