Newbie here

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

This is my first embarkment in the Saltwater hobby - been doing freshwater since I was ~ 12 years old. I've been wanting so much to start a saltwater tank, but held back because I was intimidated by it, but after doing so much preparation and reading up on, I'm ready! I wished I didn't wait for so long to start because no doubt getting prepared for Saltwater has sparked the fish keeping passion all over again. I feel like a little kid again! :)

I'm using a Fluval EVO 13.5 gallon (to start). I'm planning on a pair of fish and having soft corals, and maybe 1 or 2 LPS - nothing too taxing to start out, but I'm sure as I get my feet wet, I'm going to be wanting another tank!

Anyhow, just wanted to reach out to introduce myself here - so far, I"m learning lots from folks here as is.

See ya around!

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
f4e447b9-5e67-4b02-af0d-2f28e9db692c.gif

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

This is my first embarkment in the Saltwater hobby - been doing freshwater since I was ~ 12 years old. I've been wanting so much to start a saltwater tank, but held back because I was intimidated by it, but after doing so much preparation and reading up on, I'm ready! I wished I didn't wait for so long to start because no doubt getting prepared for Saltwater has sparked the fish keeping passion all over again. I feel like a little kid again! :)

I'm using a Fluval EVO 13.5 gallon (to start). I'm planning on a pair of fish and having soft corals, and maybe 1 or 2 LPS - nothing too taxing to start out, but I'm sure as I get my feet wet, I'm going to be wanting another tank!

Anyhow, just wanted to reach out to introduce myself here - so far, I"m learning lots from folks here as is.

See ya around!

Hello Raymond!

Welcome to the slippery slope that is reef keeping.

Please keep in mind that small tanks are subject to greater chemistry swings. If you feel that you are going to upgrade from the Fluval, my suggestion would be that you just go ahead with the bigger tank and skip the Fluval.

Good luck!
Dom

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

See ya around!

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi everyone!

See ya around!
Welcome! Glad you made it to the salty side of things! This is definitely a great place to come hang out and ask questions. A lot of knowledgeable and friendly people on here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back