Painted tanks

  • Thread starter Thread starter MyLady
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I used acrylic paint and sponge painted it on. I've never heard of anyone using paint on the inside of a tank, I don't think it would be all that safe or last as long. I wanted something that would eventually blend with the coraline and everything else that tends to build up LOL.

Yea i was under the impression you cant paint the inside. I would think it would leech out at some point.
 
Come on M and M, you know you cant paint the inside of a tank. Or if you did you wouldnt have anything in it, because it would be dead. LOL. hope you use lead based paint.
 
Come on M and M, you know you cant paint the inside of a tank. Or if you did you wouldnt have anything in it, because it would be dead. LOL. hope you use lead based paint.

I was just talking about what the person above me was talking about. I know you cant paint the inside i didnt even paint my tank.
 
I got my current tank used and the back glass was painted. I kept that way but it is starting to peel from getting wet.

I like the idea of clear coating the paint to protect from chips and such.
 
what i did on mine was get a thin piece of acrylic cut to the size of the glass pane on the back. I then taped it to the sides and ran a bead of silicone across the top so that way water wouldn't drip and put it on the tank so you could see it. I found this to be better that way if you were going to sell the tank you could just peel it off and they could change it. Also you could easily change the color and the acrylic comes in a ton of different blues and blacks or whateve ryou want to use.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new