Pale color on one sps.......

xmjxflipx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well i have reached ULNS with 0 nitrate and phos........i think i was dosing too much biofuel so im going to stop dosing for a while.........one of my tricolor valida tips arent purple anymore.....they look white. I think i stripped the water of my nutrients. What should i do now? I only have this affected on one acropora which is my ORA tricolor valida and one of my favias.

-Im thinking of stop dosing biofuel and adding Warner marine ultimate aminos daily until i get color back on the acropora and then restart biofuel at a really low dose. One of my favias is doing the same too and im thinking this is a nutrient issue. Has anyone had this happen to their system dosing carbon source? any help will be much appreciated.

my system is a 50 gallon, alk 8.6 calcium maybe 430 nitrate 0 phos 0 mag 1400. i was dosing 10 drops microbacter and 2.5 ml biofuel ( i think it was too much)

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just stop dosing everything for a few weeks. Wait for everythings true color to come out(The color that come out with no supplamentation) and if you don't like it dose a LITTLE. I have always felt that both those supplaments did very little effect. Have you looked into zeo or voka i have done both and love both.

OP
OP
X

xmjxflipx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
yea zeo...but i dont want to use a reactor....i just use the bacteria and carbon source.....and trace elements every other day with brightwells koral color. The zeo is too expensive for me.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zeo is 100 dollers for the kit, im sure you would spend that in 6 months dosing, if your looking for a bacteria driven system why dont you look at the vodka dosing? i have done it and it does some unreal color when done right, and after it "breaks" in...

OP
OP
X

xmjxflipx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
yea i guess so...i might try the zeovit but whats wrong with the brightwells though?? i like their products and its pretty cheap....mb7 cost like $14 for a 500ml and biofuel is cheap too...let me see how the tricolor valida turns out after i stop dosing for a week and dosing aminos........the weird thing was........on the bottles for mb7 it says medium to high nutrient dose 5ml per 25 gallons then switch to low nutrient which is 5ml per 50 gallons. For biofuel it states dose 5ml per 50 gallons on medium to high then switch to low which is 5ml per 100 gallon.

On the neo zeo packet it states to dose about 1ml microbacter and 1ml biofuel daily.........why is it that there are 2 different recommended dosages. i wish they stated this on the bottle as i was following the directions on it. But thats what i believe caused my tricolor to lose color since i was dosing 2.5 daily for the longest time.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back