Prazi treatment and Biopellets

  • Thread starter Thread starter ecam
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ecam

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2012
Messages
499
Reaction score
179
Location
08857
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope everyone had a great easter. I had a quick question:


I had to dose my display tank w\ Prazi after an idiotic move from my part (QT'ed fish that i didnt notice flukes on the WHOLE time it was in QT
mad.png
). I turned off Skimmer and GAC. Concerned about biopellets b\c last time i turned off the flow for a few days it turned black and smelled like DEAD people. Will letting the pellets run ruin the prazi treatment?​
 
No. They shouldn't affect the efficacy of the meds.
The problem with no skimmer and biopellets is that the BPs will create an excess of freed bacteria and because of that an increased uptake of O2 in your tank. There is a potential for a tank crash. I suppose you could add an airstone temporarily to offset this. How big is your tank?
 
I have a 180 w\ 75 gallon sump and 12 gallon frag tank. total water volume is 250
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new