PraziPro and hyposalinity

Hondatek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can PraziPro be used in hypo? I have some flashing issues in my main tank even though the current fish in there have all been treated in copper qt so I figure the most likely cause is possibly flukes and went ahead and dosed that tank. But it got me thinking of treating in qt . I have two fish in hypo qt right now and was thinking of using it in there before they get moved over. Just not sure if it is safe with hypo. Also how many treatments is usually needed for prazi pro? Is it one and done or do I remove the meds after a week then do another treatment ? Thanks.

OP
OP
Hondatek

Hondatek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I thought I skimmed the stickys here good enough but I guess not lol . This actually makes sense why it is possible to have in my dt now since they went through copper not hypo. Also my first group of fish that I had 8 years ago all went through hypo which I guess is why I never had issues with flukes before. Any info on how many treatments I should do in my main tank ?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I thought I skimmed the stickys here good enough but I guess not lol . This actually makes sense why it is possible to have in my dt now since they went through copper not hypo. Also my first group of fish that I had 8 years ago all went through hypo which I guess is why I never had issues with flukes before. Any info on how many treatments I should do in my main tank ?
2 doses needed. Follow up with the second dose 5-7 days after the first dose. You can do a 25% WC in between.

Praziquantel only kills worms, not flukes in the "egg" stage. So the follow up dose takes care of any hatchlings prior to them reproducing again.

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would proceed with caution in the display tank. It says reef safe but it's not. I just used it this past week in my display to treat a tang I had a slight concern about, but couldnt catch. It killed my bird's nest, an accropora, and 2 fish that were 100% perfectly healthy for 9 months. I absolutely dosed correctly and ran treatment for reccomended days. I'm angry.

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would proceed with caution in the display tank. It says reef safe but it's not. I just used it this past week in my display to treat a tang I had a slight concern about, but couldnt catch. It killed my bird's nest, an accropora, and 2 fish that were 100% perfectly healthy for 9 months. I absolutely dosed correctly and ran treatment for reccomended days. I'm angry.

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be careful and proceed with caution treating the display. I know it says reef safe but it has cost me. I am just getting over an initial dose to treat a tang I had a mild concern about and could not catch in my 220 reef. After 6 days of prazzipro I have lost 2 fish that have been perfectly healthy for 9 months, my bird's nest coral, and an accropora I've had for 2 years. I would not ever use this product again. It is not expired, and I followed the dosing directions exactly.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 119 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%

Back