Prazipro in DT

Mordie101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever put prazipro in their DT? I have corals and two clown fish and no QT.. i don’t want to lose my fish but i don’t have equipment for a QT so my only option is DT. Has anyone every had negative side effects? Tank is 2 almost 3 months old and fish have been in DT the whole time. Believe a fish has internal parasites and the other might have them as well.

Last edited:

USMC 4 LIFE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s plenty of threads that answer your question and give more insight on possible side effects.

Might want to do research on identifying physical and behavior disease symptoms to ensure you are diagnosing it correctly.

What symptoms are you seeing that are warranting prazipro?

PRAZIPRO can be dosed in the DT. It’s dosage yield levels that are a little higher than what’s needed to eradicate flukes but still safe to dose. I have used it and had no side effects.

OP
OP
Mordie101

Mordie101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s plenty of threads that answer your question and give more insight on possible side effects.

Might want to do research on identifying physical and behavior disease symptoms to ensure you are diagnosing it correctly.

What symptoms are you seeing that are warranting prazipro?

PRAZIPRO can be dosed in the DT. It’s dosage yield levels that are a little higher than what’s needed to eradicate flukes but still safe to dose. I have used it and had no side effects.

White stingy poop, i also had the sick clown almost die last night. Stayed at sand bed not moving for 2 hours then i fed the tank and it looked better and was swimming and almost back to normal. My LFS said it could possibly be internal parasites and treat they had prazipro at the shop.

USMC 4 LIFE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend buying METRO and binding the medication with FOCUS while mixing it in the fishes food.

You can feed this while they are in the DT but ensure you do not overfeed so the medication doesn’t disperse in the DT via uneaten food.

I would highly recommend setting up a 10g QT and treating all fish in there.

OP
OP
Mordie101

Mordie101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend buying METRO and binding the medication with FOCUS while mixing it in the fishes food.

You can feed this while they are in the DT but ensure you do not overfeed so the medication doesn’t disperse in the DT via uneaten food.

I would highly recommend setting up a 10g QT and treating all fish in there.
Thank you for your help

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @USMC 4 LIFE

You are better off using metro/focus or general cure/focus mixed into food to treat for white stringy poop (intestinal worms/parasites).

FYI Prazi is safe to dose in DT. So long as you have heavy areation. Corals may slime up or look angry for a couple days. But it would only be beneficial dosed into water for the removal of external worms (flukes, turbellarians, etc.)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back