*** R2R Secret Santa 2021 is HERE!! Get registered!! ***

RSnodgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What country are you located in?
USA - Rural Minnesota
  1. What is one thing you always need more of?
Laughter
  1. What do you like to do on the weekends?
Watch cartoons with my daughter while making things.
  1. What are your other hobbies/interests?
Diving, dive photography... I need cheaper hobbies.
  1. How do you relax after a long day at work?
Always enjoy calling a friend or family member on my drive home most days.
  1. Do you collect anything?
Half finished projects (o;
  1. What is your favorite color?
Orange
  1. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
Christmas Vacation
  1. What type of music do you listen to?
Yaht Rock!
  1. Do you follow any sports teams?
No
  1. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
Currently it's my Biota royal gramma family.
  1. What gets you excited in the reef hobby?
Aquascapes and helping reefers.
  1. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in?
Not necessarily. Always on the lookout for a crazy favia, favites, or platygyra.
  1. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
No

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? frozen fish food
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? read
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests?reefing
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? read in front of my tank
  6. Do you collect anything? corals
  7. What is your favorite color? definitely dark blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
  9. What type of music do you listen to? a little bit of everything
  10. Do you follow any sports teams?nope
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? my fish
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? coral growth
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? yes cherub angelfish or hammers (need moar colors!)
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* not right now

kstaley12

View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Hanna LR Nitrate reagents, Reef roids.
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Spend time with family, work on tank, watch football, karaoke.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Triathlon, veterinary medicine, crossword puzzles
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watch the tank, eat ice cream, catch up with my teenagers
  6. Do you collect anything? Kate Spade handbags
  7. What is your favorite color? Orange
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Christmas Vacation
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Pop, rock, specifically the Dave Matthews Band (my all time fave).
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Seattle Seahawks
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Clowns, Goby and shrimp
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Seeing coral growth.
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? No
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No Holiday shipping is too sketchy.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? SOCKS (RS 3.5"), ADDITIVES (RS AB+), CORAL AMNINOS, HANNA ALK/PO4, PODS, PHYTO, GOOD STRONG GLUE FOR FRAGS
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? FISH RELATED OR CRAFTS. SOMETIMES OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? CRICUT (HAVE THE MAKER) /CROCHET/KNITTING/QUILTING/GARDENING
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? FISH TANK, COMPUTER (R2R, FB, YOUTUBE ETC) SIT WITH CATS IN CATIO, TV WITH HUBBY, CRAFTS, READING
  6. Do you collect anything? STONES, CRYSTALS,
  7. What is your favorite color? BLUE/TEAL
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? PRIDE & PREJIDICE, MIDSOMER MYSTERIES, HARRY POTTER
  9. What type of music do you listen to? NEW AGE-BLACKMORE NIGHTS, ENYA, CELTIC, DAVID LANTZ ETC. PANDORA NEW AGE
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? NO! NONE
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? MY GONI & ALVEOPORA FLOWING, DUNCAN, CORAL BEAUTY & RED HAWKFISH, FOXFACE AND YELLOW TANG. ANTHIAS WHEN I GET SOME!
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? NEW CORALS/FISH & GOOD PARAMATERS & HAPPY CORALS
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? LPS CORALS-NOTHING INVASIVE AND NO SOFTIES: LOOKING TO ADD: PLATE, ELEGANCE, GONI'S, EUPHILLIA, ACANS, BRAINS, BLASTOS, GALAXIA ETC. SPS-HAVE 2 MONTIS, BIRDS NEST, POCILAPORA AND 1 STYLO PURPLE. LOOKING FOR VARIETY. WOULD NEED TO ARRANGE ARRIVAL DATE TO BE SURE I'M NOT WORKING. SCHEDULE VARIES DURING HOLIDAY SEASON
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* NO. NOTHING TO OFFER AT THIS POINT

Last edited:

Arcticwolf

View Badges
Reaction score

What country are you located in? USA

What is one thing you always need more of? Hmm, I love bandanas and hats, I wear them for work and can always use more!

What do you like to do on the weekends? I really love road trips and playing video games

What are your other hobbies/interests? I love animals and spend a lot of time learning about different species. Sometimes I think I should have been a zoologist bahaha! I love making Halloween props/displays. And I enjoy working out/weightlifting.

How do you relax after a long day at work? I usually stare at my tank lol. But I also love movies and will usually put something on while I'm making dinner. If the weather is cool enough, I'll go on a walk.

Do you collect anything? I collect nerd stuff lol, like the Power Rangers Morpher or Marvel Legends Mjolnir. I also really love RSVLTS things.

What is your favorite color? Under my reef lights, neon pink. Otherwise, I really like bold colors, especially that hue right between purple and blue.

What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? The Office, Rick and Morty. And movies, I really love 80's horror movies, Fright Night is my jam.

What type of music do you listen to? I'm pretty eclectic. My Playlist is all over the place lol, but I really like dance/pop upbeat stuff for work and workouts.

Do you follow any sports teams? Go Denver Broncs!

What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Flow, like my nems and torches moving with the flow. I also love the glow of neon pinks.

What gets you excited in the reef hobby? New equipment. I'm actually more excited to see new tech at events than I am about corals or fish. I just love how far this hobby has come and always get excited about new equipment that makes reefing more organized and easy to maintain. Not that I'm too hands off, but for instance, I really appreciate the Adaptive Reef cabinet and all the faceplates they have designed. I really enjoy that clean install look both above and below the tank.

Would you be interested in receiving livestock? Not unless it's zoas or shrooms.

If yes, what would you be interested in?
Only zoas or shrooms at the moment.
Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* I do have some zoas and shrooms I could send.

Last edited:

vabben

View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Trident Reagents, and coral glue.
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Spend time with my two young boys, hunt, and fish.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Hunting and fishing.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Relax, what’s that? Maybe have a stiff whiskey.
  6. Do you collect anything? Antlers I find.
  7. What is your favorite color? Blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Big Lebowski.
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Rock
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Cubs, Red Bull F1
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My clowns, and seeing new growth on my coral.
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? I’m a gear junkie, so seeing the latest and greatest gear is always exciting.
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Yes, SPS, sticks.
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? No.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? TIME
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? BONFIRE
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? SEE ABOVE... ;)
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? R2R, BONFIRE
  6. Do you collect anything? CHALICE CORALS, FIREWOOD...:D
  7. What is your favorite color? BLACK
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? THE BLUES BROTHERS
  9. What type of music do you listen to? CLASSIC ROCK
  10. Do you follow any sports teams?:rolleyes:CUBS AND BEARS...:(
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?NEW GROWTH
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby?SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in?NO
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*NO

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? US
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Hanna reagents, BRS glue, stickers
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Sleep, watch sports, watch movies, play video games
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Video games, skiing, wood working, LEGOs, and my dog Sophia
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watch TV, mess with my fish tank, shop
  6. Do you collect anything? Stickers, LEGOs, pint glasses, Marvel and Star Wars Funko! Pops
  7. What is your favorite color? Green
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Friends
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Pop, rap, Hip-hop
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Wisconsin Badgers, Packers, Brewers, Bucks
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Waving corals, clownfish, cleaner shrimp
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Coral live sales, comparing tactics and ideas with other reefers
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Yes to inverts, corals, and Reef Nutrition food
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? Maybe, would only ship with UPS due to FedEx delays

Last edited:

Spartan1218

Lost on Aisle 18
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Just starting a tank so anything really
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Training and running, although not so much right now.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Obstacle Course Racing, trail running, and I knit hats and scarves for people during chemo.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Tea and whatever random show I can find.
  6. Do you collect anything? On and off. Nothing right now, but it would seem it's about to be saltwater aquarium parts.
  7. What is your favorite color? Subdued greens or navy blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Any of the Marvel movies
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Mostly EDM because of my work.
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Mets fan. Used to work for them.
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? I'll let you know when I buy one and set it up.
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? It is entirely new, complex, and so many possibilities for each tank.
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? No. I am not educated enough yet to take care of them and my tank isn't set up yet.
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No

MamaP

View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Do time and money count? Frozen fish food, RODI filters (esp the 1st stage filter - FL water sucks!)
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Sleep, read, relax, hang out with the family, catch up on tank chores, watch TV or movies
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Napping, reading, travel, movies at home
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watching TV, watching my tank, reading, or playing games on my phone or tablet
  6. Do you collect anything? Cute teddy bears
  7. What is your favorite color? Blue, esp midnight blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Super Natural, The Office, comedy movies
  9. What type of music do you listen to? I enjoy all kinds, but rock is my fave and whatever is on SXM Octane
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Tampa Bay Lightning, Tampa Bay Bucs
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My fish and my cleaner shrimp
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Getting new gear and fish
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Yes. I'd really like a colorful bubble tip nem for my clowns
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* I might have something shipped from a vendor, but would probably give a gift card so they could get something when it's convenient for them and neither of us would have to stress over shipping delays

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? United States
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Coffee and due my newborn sleep as well lol
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Fish, watch my Miami Dolphins try to win, Formula 1 races, start up the smoker
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Fishing, smoker, car detailing, my 1mo son
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Craft beer/whiskey or just some random project I can find, spend time with family.
  6. Do you collect anything? No
  7. What is your favorite color? Red
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Harry Potter
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Pretty much anything.. rock, hip hop, most Spanish genres, classical etc
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Miami Dolphins, Florida Gators, Mercedes (Formula 1), Miami Marlins.
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My clowns swimming in my carpet anemone
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Seeing things grow, and different symbiotic relationships
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? I would if good shipping conditions are there. I mainly like to keep sps. Mind you, corals are not on the top of my priority list for SS.
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* if shipping conditions are good. If not then I could just give a gift card to an online vendor and then they can place the order when they feel comfortable.

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? corals!
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Work on tank and relax
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Fitness, mountain bike riding, hiking
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Own my own business so work a lot
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Friends, Simpson’s, Seinfeld, Star Wars, breaking bad
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Alternative
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Not really
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Corals
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? New additions, growth and watching things evolve
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Yes! No mushrooms
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* yes

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
That time of year again! :)

2. What is one thing you always need more of? Aquaforest 123 mix!
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Tank Maintenance!...oh, and other stuff, like try new restaurants, binge watch some new Sci-Fi, like Doctor Who (been watching a lot of Korean drama/fantasy/sci-fi lately too), and just spend time relaxing with my family.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Toho Godzilla movies and memorabilia, 3D printing, playing around with crypto currency, and hot rods/racing.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watching my tank, or grilling up some food outside with a good tequila and cigar.
  6. Do you collect anything? Japanese Toho Godzilla memorabilia, old reefing gear (seemingly! haha!), watches.
  7. What is your favorite color? umm, RED
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? TV show - Doctor Who, Movie - Captain Ron
  9. What type of music do you listen to? EDM, Hair Metal, and almost anything else except country (nothing against it, just not really my thing).
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Yes, Baltimore Ravens
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My Filefish is super entertaining, after that, any of my LPS that shows movement (also helps me figure out if I need to adjust my flow)
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? New gear and when I figure out how to keep certain corals alive and thriving in my tank!
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Yes, but it might not be a good idea as it'll be pretty cold here by the time we're all shipping. But if one was confident, then SPS, primarily fuzzy SPS like Millies.
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* I'm willing to depending on what the interests are, but again, probably not a great idea due to weather and shipping congestion.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in?
    USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of?
    Exotic fruits & Salt mix
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?
    Test water & make art
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests?
    Nepenthes & Pinguicula enthusiast, Sculpture & art
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work?
    Sit at my desk and draw or sculpt
  6. Do you collect anything?
    Carnivorous plants, predatory snails
  7. What is your favorite color?
    Chartreuse, Cheese yellow and Mauve
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
    not a big TV watcher
  9. What type of music do you listen to?
    70's folk rock & Japanese orchestra
  10. Do you follow any sports teams?
    Nope
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
    Fluffy acros and my Possum wrasse
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby?
    Cryptic organisms and Acanthophyllias
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in?
    Anything weird that you can find, or macroalgae
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
    Not this time

I'm excited for this year's Secret Santa, good luck and God bless!

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Towels. Reefing swag.
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Camping, reef maintenance, barbeque.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Camping, diving, reading.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Couple of cold ones, tinker with the tanks, read.
  6. Do you collect anything? Shot glasses (even though I don't drink hard liquor). My wife collects pewter figurines (really, I collect most of them for her).
  7. What is your favorite color? Green.
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Star Wars or Lord of the Ring series.
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Mostly classic rock.
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Missouri Tigers football (Glutton for punishment).
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The fish. Especially at dinner time.
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Watching new frags encrust and start to grow.
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? No. No room right now.
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* I'd rather not. Don't want anyone to be disappointed by receiving a dead Christmas gift.

HiImSean

View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Coffee
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Watch soccer and try to relax
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Making Coffee/espresso. Cooking. Asian food. Destiny 2. Chelsea soccer. Atlanta United.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Play Destiny 2
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? The office, Star Wars
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Alternative
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Chelsea FC and Atlanta United
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Clowns and anemone
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Cleaning my tank
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? No
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* no

Snoop_90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? GFO, ROX, Phyto
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Sports, netflix, hang out with friends
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Gym, sports, Funkos
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? go to the gym, watch my tank, netflix
  6. Do you collect anything? Funko pops- Batman, Marvel, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, DBZ
  7. What is your favorite color? Red or Black
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Marvel, DBZ, Friends
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Rap, hip hop, some rock
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Lakers
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Corals, foxfaces swimming and blowing bubbles, horseshoe crab swimming around
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? watching corals grow, adding new stuff
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Yes, or a gift card since its easier
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Sure

KWT

Keep on keepin on
View Badges
Reaction score
#1. USA
#2. Hanna reagents, phyto
#3. Projects in the garage, tank maintenance
#4. Bowling, Firearms
#5. Retired, always relaxing
#6. Coca-cola, Colt firearms, silver
#7. Neon green
#8. Heartbreak Ridge, any Clint Eastwood or Tom Selleck movies
#9. Mostly 80’s
#10. Angles, Vegas Golden Knights
#11. Everything
#12. Technology
#13. Don’t trust shipping live stock
#14. Probably not

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back