*** R2R Secret Santa 2021 is HERE!! Get registered!! ***

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Diapers/wipes... or at least I will by January :p
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Sleep/relax, catch up on fish chores
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Outdoors, cats, videogames
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? My work day is 13 hours long so I sleep :p
  6. Do you collect anything? No
  7. What is your favorite color? Purple
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Sorry don't have a super favorite
  9. What type of music do you listen to? A mix of everything
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? No
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My Copperband butterfly
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Rare/unusual fish
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Soft corals from Marine Farmers or some place with oddities or if you have some oddities yourself. Switching from a mix tank to softy dominant.
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No

FEED ME ZOAS

Eater of Zoas
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Time I guess? Or money lol. I'd say more reef tanks but my girlfriend would tell you otherwise.
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Obsessively research my hobbies/videogames
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Woodworking, Carnivorous plants, Non carnivorous plants, GUNPLA kits, being a nerd.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Obsessively research my hobbies lol. And look at my tank.
  6. Do you collect anything? Plants, Zoas, hobbies :p
  7. What is your favorite color? Blue or yellow probably
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Middleditch and Schwartz netflix specials.
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Very wide spread. More indie/alt stuff recently. Vampire weekend, grizzly bear, etc. Old country like Eddy Arnold's Cattle Call is fun too. Queens of the Stone Age. Joji. And many more
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Not really. Sometimes I'm really into F1 or Indy. It cycles
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My clowns are fun, but for right now it's probably the zoas or the little hitchhiker organisms. I'm getting a tailspot blenny from Dr. Reef some time soon though, so it might eventually be that.
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Learning. Learning is probably my favorite thing. The biological processes and evolution of reef organisms are super interesting. New corals are exciting too :p
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Possibly some cool zoas(only have a zoa tank atm) But a gift card to a good coral vendor might be better with weather and shipping backups.
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* I could, but maybe not for the same reasons as above.

Greg Gdowski

View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Hydros gizmos
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Watch football train our dogs in agility
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Dog Agility and gardening
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Wine
  6. Do you collect anything? not really
  7. What is your favorite color? Yellow and Blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? How its made, iron chef
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Everything, lately Spanish guitar.
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Buffalo Bills
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Torch
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? adding sensors to controllers.
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? NO
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* NO

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Chemi-pure Blue
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Water changes, yard work, work in my shop
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Woodworking, Gardening
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watch You Tube, Play with our 3 mini Daschunds
  6. Do you collect anything? Not really
  7. What is your favorite color? Yellow maybe? Don't really have one
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? The original Twilight Zone
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Smooth Jazz
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Nah...
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My Tailspot Blenny named Jack Blenny
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? It's a tiny piece of the Ocean in the livingroom!
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? No thank you
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? US
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Time, LOL
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Work outside in garden and our woods
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Gardening
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? R2R, YouTube, games
  6. Do you collect anything? No
  7. What is your favorite color? Blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? M*A*S*H*
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Oldies
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Packers and Brewers
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The movement and colors
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Finally getting my build plans to come together, hope to have a good tank up and running by this time next year.
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? No, can’t rely on weather here this time of year…don’t have a tank to put them in any way.
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* I think this would be pretty sketchy as different folks have different preferences in vendors.
Look forward to doing SS again this year.

cboylan1606

View Badges
Reaction score
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What country are you located in? US
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? An+ reef energy
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Spend time with my kids
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Fishing
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Cold beer, craft locals
  1. Do you collect anything? Guns
  2. What is your favorite color? Charcoal grey
  3. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Any of the fast and furious movies
  4. What type of music do you listen to? Country, Christian, rock
  5. Do you follow any sports teams? Ole miss
  6. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? All the fish interacting
  7. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? When my tank is actually thriving
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? No
  9. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* no

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
I love this time of year, so much fun!

2. What is one thing you always need more of? Anything Manchester United or Star Wars
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Watch Man United games with my family, ride our 4 wheelers/dirt bikes and camp in the mountains.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? I play Hockey, 4 wheeler/dirt bike
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? hang out with the kids, go to the mountains and ride our 4 wheelers
  6. Do you collect anything? Man United anything, Star Wars anything
  7. What is your favorite color? Red
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? The Office
  9. What type of music do you listen to? from Slipknot to Luke Combs
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Manchester United since 1986
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? fish and corals
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? everything
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? No Thank you
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No Thank you

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Chocolate & test kits
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Tank stuff
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Photography
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Read
  6. Do you collect anything? Kicking the habit
  7. What is your favorite color? After looking at a coral reef, how can you choose?
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Sorry, can’t choose just one. Any Clint Eastwood, Die Hard, A Christmas Carol (George C. Scott), Harry Potter
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Almost all, depends on the mood
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? FSU, Jaquars
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Everything. It’s a piece of the ocean in my home!
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Captive Bred fish & new technology
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? No, shipping & weather unpredictable
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock..No

kstaley12

View Badges
Reaction score
Idk what to put on my wish list. I’ve always been the giving type of person so making a list to possibly receive something from is difficult for me does anyone else have that problem?
I struggled too but I tried to think about how hard it would be for someone if I gave them no direction. I just picked a few things at different price points, some reef related, some not.

c.poindexter

View Badges
Reaction score
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Coral. Also seems to be DI Resin, Frag Plugs.
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Running 5K Races, Movies.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Jet Ski/Lake Life, Golf, Laser Cutting and Wood Working
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Running, Exercising, Watching Movies and enjoying my Reef Tank.
  6. Do you collect anything? Coral. Haha
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Zombieland and lots more.
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Everything except Jazz. Had a class in college ruin that one.
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Not a diehard, but on a rainy Sunday will watch the Lions.
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Fish, Coral and he CUC.
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Just the thought that we can simulate the ocean in a box of water that we keep in our house.
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Yes, Coral and Fish. SPS and LPS mainly. Fish would definitely have to be from a specific list.
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes would be willing to ship and also willing to purchase from a retailer and have it shipped.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in?
    • United States
  2. What is one thing you always need more of?
    • naps & phyto
      • don't culture my own and don't want to culture phyto
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?
    • more naps, reading
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests?
    • reading books, magazines and R2R posts
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work?
    • hanging out on R2R, gaming
  6. Do you collect anything?
    • no
  7. What is your favorite color?
    • pink - pale pink, bright pink, pink with blue, pink pink pink
      • strangely as I didn't notice until writing this... I only own couple pink tops and have very little pink in my life...
      • when did I grow up ?! eek
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
    • Dodge Ball, Old School, Bad Teacher, Tombstone, (shhh... Spinal Tap but BF hates it)
  9. What type of music do you listen to?
    • rock (all types of rock)
  10. Do you follow any sports teams?
    • no
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
    • diamond goby
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby?
    • interacting with reefing community
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in?
    • no
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
    • no
What kind of sociopath hates Spinal Tap?!?

mpatient

View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Pods, LRS Herbivore Frenzy, Loctite Gel glue, time and money :)
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Music venues, movies, peace and quiet
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Wood working and furniture restoration #girlswithpowertools
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? A glass of good Pino Noir and a book or movie.
  6. Do you collect anything? Kittens!. (I foster for a local shelter)
  7. What is your favorite color? Purple
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Star Wars (not the prequals)
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Joplin, Queen, Jazz, Norah Jones, Pink, Chris Stapleton
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? LSU and New Orleans Saints
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My pair of baby Biota mandarins and my ricordia garden.
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Having a mature stable tank.
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? No

Last edited:

12humuhumu21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in?USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of?coral glue
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Spend time with my kids and go to church
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Sewing, camping, baking.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watch tv and relax
  6. Do you collect anything? Salt and pepper shakers
  7. What is your favorite color? Forest green
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? We bought a zoo
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Country
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? No
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The corals. I like to watch them grow
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Mushrooms!!! I love them.
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Yes, zoas,or anything relatively easy to care for. Im still struggling with coral.
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* If weather permits

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Do you follow any sports teams? Liverpool Football Club

Now that I've sent my PM and caught on the thread, just gotta say @kittenbritches
Not Happening No Way GIF by Manchester United

:p

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Filter fleece, phyto, frag racks
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Woodworking, anything tank related, being outdoors, family time.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Woodworking, comics
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watching my tank, beer, spending time with the kiddo
  6. Do you collect anything? Comic books
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Anything Marvel or James Bond
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Mix of everything, mainly old school rap, reggae, and 80s rock.
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? TB Buccaneers, NE Patriots. Used to follow more soccer, but not like I used to.
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Coral - movement of the torches; fish - clowns
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Having a small ecosystem in my house
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? Yes, could always use more zoa's/shrooms!
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* yes - through a vendor.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back