Green Hair Algae battleplan?

• Total voters

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Say hey boys girls friends and neighbors! As a snow storm heads my way figured a cpl pics Incase it’s the end of the world as 3/4 of population freaks out ;Nailbiting ,
@Salty Lemon when they wiped the build thread badge found that day they didn’t care what link you pop in and bing ya got the badge, a potentially bad thing for a family friendly site but I just tagged mine to my you tube vids. Will swap it back :)

My view from the couch
03CFBC9C-B210-43E2-ABC0-92356C841630.jpeg

My boy Connah McCloud
D18FEF34-0246-412B-A59D-A40458F1B296.jpeg

Starfish sighting outta the sand for once
BD33F671-1438-4D9E-9531-2451AA844336.jpeg
9156F940-4926-48DE-89B5-9A395B4DB3E9.jpeg
Connahs son Flounder he’s the thief in the house
Love the pooches. What sweeties. (Oh...and love your tank shots too. :) ) I need to subscribe to your youtube channel. Now you have me intrigued.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ray, cute dog . And your tank is looking very nice. It seems like your har algae is under control now! I bought a lawnmower blenny and an abalone last week to help with some algae on the side of the DT and a few patches on the rocks. Turns out the blenny was a real kick *** killer for algae. Has been mowing down algae everywhere like there is no tmr . You have also got one in your DT, right? Maybe you could just get a cpl more and just pour yourself a drink then sit down and watch them taking down the algae. . Keep reefing!
Thanks ! No lawnmower Blenny have a Molly Miller Blenny who is awesome to watch but not into greens lol As for gha a cpl minutes twice a week plucking has it at bay. Next fish will be last thinking coris wrasse, wantanabei female angel , yellow eye Kole tang, and yellow tang. Think the tang gang of two plus a few more trochus snails and I can keep my arm dryer lol. Also want to rehome Sanford the pincushion he seems to dig coralline better than any other algae and would like it to have a chance on rocks

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the pooches. What sweeties. (Oh...and love your tank shots too. :) ) I need to subscribe to your youtube channel. Now you have me intrigued.
Oohhh a subscriber ! I’m gonna have to get more regular on postin vids lol thanks for checking it’s fun to do once in a while

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oohhh a subscriber ! I’m gonna have to get more regular on postin vids lol thanks for checking it’s fun to do once in a while
I'm holding my head in shame and I've discovered I'm not a very good friend. I hopped onto YouTube only to discover that I'm already a subscriber. ;Shamefullyembarrased I'm going to blame my forgetfulness on my head injury last summer. Either that or I'm just a bad person. Well not "bad", maybe thoughtless of others feelings? Or perhaps a ditzy blonde? Heck... I'll just blame my kids.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm holding my head in shame and I've discovered I'm not a very good friend. I hopped onto YouTube only to discover that I'm already a subscriber. ;Shamefullyembarrased I'm going to blame my forgetfulness on my head injury last summer. Either that or I'm just a bad person. Well not "bad", maybe thoughtless of others feelings? Or perhaps a ditzy blonde? Heck... I'll just blame my kids.
Rofl Never a bad friend could you be called. I mean your going to create a fake account to bump my subscriber number up right? ;Hilarious
As for forgetting you were subscribed prolly less head injury and kids tho I know about them! And more I need to step up my game with videos.
@NY_Caveman I need your kids to host and a bunch of your buttons from the tv studio and you running the show!! :p

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Tuesday my salt minded friends. Came home and seeing the tank put a smile on my face. Yes still plucking gha but getting better so smile then looking at tank there are a few things this tank does well and is getting better at. Kenya tree, Xenia, and gsp, These May be the dandelions of the salttank but I’ll take what I can get. Hard to kill for sure ( seems I tried unknowingly) but they have been taking off to point I have to think more about control which is a good sign :) Here’s my huge weeds in display
F0694838-0948-4D11-885B-DE4991AC8C24.jpeg
7EFA5D7F-3D8E-414C-87AB-494AF97162E3.jpeg
280547CF-1F2E-4464-94A8-6D295ED58AE3.jpeg

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks phenomenal brother!

Thanks Corey the Kenya grows to just over 12 inches high as lights ramp up nuts! Little less than a month was shriveled up smaller than tennis ball. Gives hope the corner is getting nearer and almost ready to hang a Louie :)

I used to pick dandelions for my mom and gave them to her as a bouquet because I thought they were flowers. No matter how you look at it, they sure are pretty. I'm glad they make you smile. ;Happy
Even weeds have some beauty in them as long as they don’t choke out the Tulips I want :p

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gives hope the corner is getting nearer and almost ready to hang a Louie

Did you perhaps mean "Bang a Uey"???? or "Hock a Loogie"???? ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the tank is really responding to the new bio salt and perfect water coming into the system now that the rodi saga is in the past.

That shot of the nem is gorgeous ray. Nice work.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the tank is really responding to the new bio salt and perfect water coming into the system now that the rodi saga is in the past.

That shot of the nem is gorgeous ray. Nice work.
Thanks! Getting the hang of the S7 camera it’s decent best color representation on the Xenia I’ve gotten

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you perhaps mean "Bang a Uey"???? or "Hock a Loogie"???? ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious
As Rich would say Yes dad that’s what I meant lol My NE slang has sufféred in my old age

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back