Green Hair Algae battleplan?

• Total voters

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Urrgghh Took an hour to configure the wireless bridge point of sale setup but it’s working :) Seeing the hour gonna skip getting it mounted to cabinet and shoot for tomorrow. Feel the need for an adult beverage
I just texted u. But I cant leave. Just ordered some wings to be delivered or i would drive to u.

Grats on the ph probe calibration. They are notorious for being finicky. Sorry for the apex bee ess uve had to deal with. Hopefully amazon delivers a beauty for ya.

Keep swimming ray!

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just texted u. But I cant leave. Just ordered some wings to be delivered or i would drive to u.

Grats on the ph probe calibration. They are notorious for being finicky. Sorry for the apex bee ess uve had to deal with. Hopefully amazon delivers a beauty for ya.

Keep swimming ray!
Swimming down stream now :) apex bs is minimal had to wait a bit but vetteguy got me a lite instead of junior so little beefier. Rest of issue is just normal crap dirty rotten ph calibration raisin grass in no good bleeper lol
Now the fun begins converting wife’s cupboard to apex control center Power tools will be used :)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I admit it; I've been a lousy member of R2R and a crappy friend. I could give all kinds of excuses/reasons why I went MIA but will save you the agony. Bottom line is I jumped out of the R2R ocean without warning or saying anything to nearly anyone. It was an uncalled for and selfish act. So, I offer my apologies to you, and anyone else, that I had built a cyber-friendship with through this forum. I won't let it happen again.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ok, so I admit it; I've been a lousy member of R2R and a crappy friend. I could give all kinds of excuses/reasons why I went MIA but will save you the agony. Bottom line is I jumped out of the R2R ocean without warning or saying anything to nearly anyone. It was an uncalled for and selfish act. So, I offer my apologies to you, and anyone else, that I had built a cyber-friendship with through this forum. I won't let it happen again.
Nope- We all have life changes, issues and events that cause setbacks. we have to balance and prioritize things in life and great to see you back and healthy and still in the hobby

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing to be sorry about my friend Life happens just glad to see ya back and ok. You will always be welcome for as much or little time as you got to spend with us. Little ticked no song posted tho :rolleyes: ;Hilarious;Hilarious Missed you poking around

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope- We all have life changes, issues and events that cause setbacks. we have to balance and prioritize things in life and great to see you back and healthy and still in the hobby

Thanks @vetteguy53081 ... was going to post over on your 660g but will refrain from doing so now. Oh, I'm not sure who told you I was healthy. I mean, I am healthy, but only from the neck down though! o_O

Nothing to be sorry about my friend Life happens just glad to see ya back and ok. You will always be welcome for as much or little time as you got to spend with us. Little ticked no song posted tho :rolleyes: ;Hilarious;Hilarious Missed you poking around

Thanks @Raege ... I'll get back to the songs momentarily. For now, however, I would like to let you know that I will NEVER EVER be poking around you. Not even in a state near you. I am skeered of the reaction I may provoke! :p

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salutations and greetings reefers. Was looking at re purposing my wife’s cabinet to house the apex but it’s not quite deep enough for my liking and I don’t think blowing out the back a inch and a half will look good enough for the boss to approve. Going hunting this weekend to see what I can find to repurpose that will also be aesthetically pleasing next to tank.
Updated the apex firmware today pretty easy operation and straight forward. Started learning its capabilities outlet wise pretty cool piece of gear.
2FE714D2-45CD-435B-8078-1FB91E4CEDDC.png

Yes numbers not from tank.....it’s still set up in kitchen by a cold pantry window not in tank ;Sorry
Like the graphing apex offers as well as taking over for keeping record of my test results. It may not make my reef any better but looks like the geek in me has a new toy to learn :cool:

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Ray ! ! !

Also 365 has a new thread, make sure to enter your tank in it ;)
Thanks for heads up but don’t think she’s ready fir that yet. The badge will be mine eventually oh yes it will be mine muahahaha

Fla04gbf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salutations and greetings reefers. Was looking at re purposing my wife’s cabinet to house the apex but it’s not quite deep enough for my liking and I don’t think blowing out the back a inch and a half will look good enough for the boss to approve. Going hunting this weekend to see what I can find to repurpose that will also be aesthetically pleasing next to tank.
Updated the apex firmware today pretty easy operation and straight forward. Started learning its capabilities outlet wise pretty cool piece of gear.
2FE714D2-45CD-435B-8078-1FB91E4CEDDC.png

Yes numbers not from tank.....it’s still set up in kitchen by a cold pantry window not in tank ;Sorry
Like the graphing apex offers as well as taking over for keeping record of my test results. It may not make my reef any better but looks like the geek in me has a new toy to learn :cool:
Great job, Ray! I am just wondering with your skills in computer why didn’t you build your own reef-pi controller? I would love to give it a try but I suck at this .... lol. :(

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Good job- Looks like youre in on Apex. Many curves, but many tools when it comes to Apex.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good job- Looks like youre in on Apex. Many curves, but many tools when it comes to Apex.
Thanks been reading up on instruction language going to be a nice tool and love the control from iPad or phone. Thanks again for hooking me up. :)

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks been reading up on instruction language going to be a nice tool and love the control from iPad or phone. Thanks again for hooking me up. :)
:) . Was this worth it ??? LOL - This is a definite control and improvement. I hope it lasts 20 years !!!

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see you @crusso1993 ! :)

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you become an expert at all this Apex stuff. I'm going to be upgrading some of my gear in the next year and I'm going to depend on you to be my mentor. So get to work and study up! P.S. I'm glad you are enjoying it.:)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see you @crusso1993 ! :)

Thanks for the love! I see you're in Peoria, AZ. I was in Phoenix from 10/4 thru 10/14 helping my brother with some personal issues. The weather was wonderful!

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the love! I see you're in Peoria, AZ. I was in Phoenix from 10/4 thru 10/14 helping my brother with some personal issues. The weather was wonderful!
Yep! I miss the changing of the seasons until I see a blizzard or polar vortex go through the North, where I'm originally from (Minnesota). Otherwise, I enjoy BBQing with the family outside in January. I love Chicago and have been there many times -- mostly for the pizza. :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back