Green Hair Algae battleplan?

• Total voters

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whew! Skimmer pulled scrubbed dried and back in service. First time I ever had to scrub corraline off it which I take as a good sign it’s growing but a pita to clean from where I don’t want. All tasks completed but honestyinreefing I didn’t pull gha saving that for Sunday morning :rolleyes:
Here’s my view from the couch tohight
5920E786-131D-44AA-ADEE-091569AF634C.jpeg
Perfect Ray, reef, couch and a drink.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grats on the apex running...

As for the cabinet... u said u were going hunting... go check out the eco builders place next to the tracks on armory street in Springfield. By gasoline alley. They have a TON of choices for under 50 bucks. I'm sure ull find what you are looking for there.

Keep the updates coming bud. Reeftank365 is around the corner for u. I can feel it.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reeftank365 is around the corner for u. I can feel it.
Only if he gets off his butt and puts his name in the hat..... ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Wacky

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only if he gets off his butt and puts his name in the hat..... ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Wacky
Sounds like a triple dog dare Ray... dont back down to pops!

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grats on the apex running...

As for the cabinet... u said u were going hunting... go check out the eco builders place next to the tracks on armory street in Springfield. By gasoline alley. They have a TON of choices for under 50 bucks. I'm sure ull find what you are looking for there.

Keep the updates coming bud. Reeftank365 is around the corner for u. I can feel it.
Too expensive! Cabinet wife didn’t approve of was actually ok! She thought I was talking about a different point of sale lol It has been drilled now just need to mount it but can’t find my driver bits so that’s tomorrow now. Pic of cab below
My tank looks like doo doo compared to those that win I need a little more time to make it presentable and have a real chance
Sounds like a triple dog dare Ray... dont back down to pops!
Bah pops don’t scare me I’ve been married 31 years with her 36 with two kids 4 dogs nothing scares like that
:p
52F3B32A-E79B-4E0A-9615-28F0F0610748.jpeg

Acan_Fan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Acan_Fan thanks for the likes and checking my build any questions give a shout been meaning to do an index but....... dropping pics welcome
What return pump did ya use? Got pics of your plumbing? What skimmer? I just bought a 75 I have to setup. I wont be getting an apex and the fancies. Too broke lol

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What return pump did ya use? Got pics of your plumbing? What skimmer? I just bought a 75 I have to setup. I wont be getting an apex and the fancies. Too broke lol
Both my Return pumps ( ones a spare) are cheapies one came with the tank other from a LFS both rated over 850 to ensure 10x turn over or display with head loss. Looking at sicce pumps or Neptune down the road.
For plumbing all flex hose no fancy pvc thoughts were less 45 degree turns less head pressure loss. Doing over now think having spots for reactors to plumb in might have been worth it but not a requirement.
Skimmer upgraded from a bubble magus curve 5 to a bubble magus curve 7 oversized for tank but wife and ya were overfeeders in beginning so helpful :p
Will snap pics of underneath for tomorrow.
Dont worry on the fancies you can be successful without apex. Plan it out buy best you can have spares for essentials and it can work fine. Lotsa guys and gals made the mistakes so do your research ask questions happy to help ya avoid our mistakes

Last edited:

Acan_Fan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both my Return pumps ( ones a spare) are cheapies one came with the tank other from a LFS both rated over 850 to ensure 10x turn over or display with head loss. Looking at sicce pumps or Neptune down the road.
For plumbing all flex hose no fancy pvc thoughts were less 45 degree turns less head pressure loss. Doing over now think having spots for reactors to plumb in might have been worth it but not a requirement.
Skimmer upgraded from a bubble angus curve 5 to a bubble magus curve 7 oversized for tank but wife and ya were overfeeders in beginning so helpful :p
Will snap pics of underneath for tomorrow.
Dont worry on the fancies you can be successful without apex. Plan it out buy best you can have spares for essentials and it can work fine. Lotsa guys and gals made the mistakes so do your research ask questions happy to help ya avoid our mistakes
Thank you!!!

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex is online just a cpl outlets. Fuge light timer isn’t kicking back to reading on 2000 off 0600 auto and no light...... seems pretty simple hard to screw up but hey it’s me lol. Temp us reading cpl degrees low compared to two other thermometers one electronic one mercury that agree so need to check on that as well. Other than that feeling groovy
6B093E0A-E404-443F-BA13-064A8308833D.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ray I see you have two times listed on fusion. I have only one. Could your time difference be why your fuge light is giving you trouble
That I believe is actual and daylights savings time. They should match

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ray I see you have two times listed on fusion. I have only one. Could your time difference be why your fuge light is giving you trouble
I didn’t look good enough thought one was actual left and right was dst
That I believe is actual and daylights savings time. They should match
Thanks guys looked again and after you guys prompted me saw the 3 hour mismatch! Went into dispay cant do it with fusion on lite and got it working ;) Thanks for the catch gentlemen much appreciated
9A6874E3-E98D-4FCC-8F07-898C879A818D.png

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally I had something to offer. It sure took me long enough.
Bah don’t give me that Don your sharp and have a wealth of knowledge. You love reefing and soak in info like a sponge. Glad to know ya wish we were closer to hang and talk reef more often ;)

Back