reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

Kurtzisa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, there is a timed routine for checking the current state of the equipment?
If the light is turned off by reef-pi timer but, for maintenance, I forced to turn it on by the equipment tab after a short time, like one minute, the light automatically turns off, it's a little bug?

Where I find the complete documentation about reef-pi?

Kurtzisa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I press the reload button but I think I've broken the database, so via ssh, I made a backup and I try to reload an old database, but I think I broke all my raspbianos... (I'm doing stuff with pihole too...)
I'm making a new sd card with a new installation of raspbianos and reef-pi at work, once I went home I can put the old reef-pi database in the new installation

anyway, in the log I found an error so the reef-pi can't be loaded, one of my equipment is called "reattore + ciabatta" but the "+" symbol is a problem and the database won't load. Can I modify that name by shell?
I need a quick answer, I'm in trouble now

Bmartindale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have debated salinity (also called as EC or electrical conductivity), ORP and DO probes multiple times here. And I have punt on their support till now, they may come next in 3.0 (if theres enough excitement for this from the users) or later. Following are some details:
- In terms of reef keeping chores, these are not as important as temperature or even ph. With ATO , salinity should be same unless its being impacted by water change. ORP on the other hand has very little practical use, other than validating some already known case that can be detectable by other means.
- These are costly probes required thorough calibration and still can give anomolous reading if users are not setting up them correctly.
- It will not be a lot of work to support this in reef-pi since they are same as pH probe (we'll lean on atlas scientific/tentacle shields), but unless we have users we can't ensure proper field testing.
I would use a salinity probe for sure.

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, there is a timed routine for checking the current state of the equipment?
If the light is turned off by reef-pi timer but, for maintenance, I forced to turn it on by the equipment tab after a short time, like one minute, the light automatically turns off, it's a little bug?

Where I find the complete documentation about reef-pi?
If the equipment is being controller by a sensor (like ato or temperature controller ,), then yes, reef-pi will reset its state , else just an equipment not attached to anything , should retain its state if you on/off it outside reef/pi. Reload will reset the state as well

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I press the reload button but I think I've broken the database, so via ssh, I made a backup and I try to reload an old database, but I think I broke all my raspbianos... (I'm doing stuff with pihole too...)
I'm making a new sd card with a new installation of raspbianos and reef-pi at work, once I went home I can put the old reef-pi database in the new installation

anyway, in the log I found an error so the reef-pi can't be loaded, one of my equipment is called "reattore + ciabatta" but the "+" symbol is a problem and the database won't load. Can I modify that name by shell?
I need a quick answer, I'm in trouble now
Yes. Try the reef-pi db command. You can update a things name using it. Consult the documentation for details

Kurtzisa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Try the reef-pi db command. You can update a things name using it. Consult the documentation for details
I found it yesterday and I repair my broken DB, thanks!

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a walk through on how to get the HS103 setup for current readings. I added the driver just fine but it won't let me add the analog input...

{"error":"Failed to create. Error: invalid pin 0: driver 4 for analog input WifiCurrent not found: driver tplink-hs103 is not an ADC driver"} | HTTP 500

GaryE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a walk through on how to get the HS103 setup for current readings. I added the driver just fine but it won't let me add the analog input...

{"error":"Failed to create. Error: invalid pin 0: driver 4 for analog input WifiCurrent not found: driver tplink-hs103 is not an ADC driver"} | HTTP 500

The driver does not support that.

GaryE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really?? Is it just the hs300 that has this functionality?

the device may have the functionality to provide the data, but the driver used with reefpi is one way. It can only command the device to turn on and off, it can not read the state.

Soulreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib i found bug in version 4.1
trigger macro with timer does not work. The "reversible" button must be activated and then it works normally. but it works backwards.

i use 2 inlet connector with reverse selected. 1 for ATO (fresh water) and Water IN (natural salt water). 1 for waste water out.

And use the macro function to automatic water change with several steps.

this picture seems confusing. because the function works from the ground up, and "on off" also functions in reverse.

Screenshot_2021-05-14-22-26-14-17_1.png
Screenshot_2021-05-14-22-25-42-11_1.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the device may have the functionality to provide the data, but the driver used with reefpi is one way. It can only command the device to turn on and off, it can not read the state.
Yes we don’t read or sync state with the device . We do however read the current if you decide to do so. Hence it’s not one way for the whole device , but yes for the on/off part it’s one way. Reef /pi only commands the device , so if you change the state out of reef/pi , it will not know

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib i found bug in version 4.1
trigger macro with timer does not work. The "reversible" button must be activated and then it works normally. but it works backwards.

i use 2 inlet connector with reverse selected. 1 for ATO (fresh water) and Water IN (natural salt water). 1 for waste water out.

And use the macro function to automatic water change with several steps.

this picture seems confusing. because the function works from the ground up, and "on off" also functions in reverse.

Screenshot_2021-05-14-22-26-14-17_1.png
Screenshot_2021-05-14-22-25-42-11_1.png
Thank you for informing this. I’ll go through and address and it. The reversible thing is a known thing and is as expected (the macro has to be reversible for use with timer ). We have to do a better job in validation and inform this requirement when user setup macro in timer .
The ordering issue is definitely needs to be addressed. Agree it’s counter intuitive

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes we don’t read or sync state with the device . We do however read the current if you decide to do so. Hence it’s not one way for the whole device , but yes for the on/off part it’s one way. Reef /pi only commands the device , so if you change the state out of reef/pi , it will not know
Can you explain roughly how to read the current? When I go to add an analog input for the HS103 it gives me the error. Do I need to add another driver for the current side?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you explain roughly how to read the current? When I go to add an analog input for the HS103 it gives me the error. Do I need to add another driver for the current side?
Hs103 does not have current monitoring capabilities. Hs110, hs300 has it. The existing driver should be fine. Current is read as ph /analog input

Jackmot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey!!
So, im using a DS18B20 but i keep getting random CRC failures (once every week or so). In order to fix the error i normally need to:
-Power off the Pi
-Disconnect the DS18B20
-Power on the Pi then power it off again
-Reconnect the DS18B20
-Power on the Pi

Is there any way to "tell" Reef-Pi to disregards those crazy temps or at least to not turn on the heater? (im getting -1ºc, 85ºc, etc)
Any idea of why this happens?? im using a 4.7k pull up resistor
Thanks guys!!

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey!!
So, im using a DS18B20 but i keep getting random CRC failures (once every week or so). In order to fix the error i normally need to:
-Power off the Pi
-Disconnect the DS18B20
-Power on the Pi then power it off again
-Reconnect the DS18B20
-Power on the Pi

Is there any way to "tell" Reef-Pi to disregards those crazy temps or at least to not turn on the heater? (im getting -1ºc, 85ºc, etc)
Any idea of why this happens?? im using a 4.7k pull up resistor
Thanks guys!!
Sounds like a bad sensor, this can be a problem with them, something internally is happening and causing the 1-wire bus to hang that's why you need to power cycle, usually unplug and plug back in will solve it but not always. If possible try another sensor. The resistor value is ok.

Jackmot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a bad sensor, this can be a problem with them, something internally is happening and causing the 1-wire bus to hang that's why you need to power cycle, usually unplug and plug back in will solve it but not always. If possible try another sensor. The resistor value is ok.
I will, thanks!! :)
The sensor is the one with the red silicon cable, they're supposed to be very good sensors though. Good thing i bought two of them haha.
PS: It would be a very cool addition for Reef-Pi to read the CRC haha, would this be difficult?
PPS: Those amazing corals are thanks to the awesome work of the Reff-Pi Team, Thanks guys!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20210516_121525.jpg
    IMG_20210516_121525.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20210516_121530.jpg
    IMG_20210516_121530.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 30

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent an email to @Michael Lane but if anyone has any thoughts on how I can resolve or troubleshoot please let me know. I was already planning on replacing the jaebo doser and was doing a water change today and the doser came on when I ran the turn back everything on macro but it didnt stop. Imagine my panic since its dumping Kalk, i finally got it unplugged but it's sideways and even rebooting the reefpi it continues to run unless I pull the power. I assume it's something with the pca9685 but do I need to replace the whole board or what are your thoughts, I do have a spare, but what else can I do to figure out what is causing the issue. I removed all the dosing connectors and configuration but it continues to run on the pwm 5 channel.

Let me know what you think, thanks.

Update, I replaced the board with a spare board that I had, from what I can see it appears that the pca9685 failed for that pin and was stuck closed, nothing would change that fact. It just proved to me that I do not want a dosing pump being fed by pca9685, will go with timers and a BRS pump. Think I need to pick up another spare board now...unless someone else can figure out how to test the board.

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back