Reef-Pi Controllers: New all-in-one with power bar, and the original Pico

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@theatrus I am sure I am missing it somewhere, but I cannot find the wiring instructions for the stereo jack for the 1wire connection. I am assuming you put the pullup on the board ;).

OP
OP
theatrus

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@theatrus I am sure I am missing it somewhere, but I cannot find the wiring instructions for the stereo jack for the 1wire connection. I am assuming you put the pullup on the board ;).

Yes, the pull up is on the board.

Wiring is:

5c1c22a387832651e5d124e87ebf56eb.jpg

Tip: 3.3V/Red
Ring: signal/yellow
Sleeve: ground/black

OP
OP
theatrus

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you making these boards?

The actual PCB is outsourced (really, no point in doing it in house with anything modern). I do in-house stencil paste application (Kester NXG1). I have a lower-cost "desktop" (for some giant approximation of a desk) pick and place machine (Charmhigh) which for the beta boards is used to populate any component that there is > 1 of on the board (so, about 50 capacitors + resistors + FETs + diodes each). Right now for the beta I haven't bought reels or partial reels of the other components, so I do a quick hand place of those + connectors, and load it in the reflow oven, and about 7 minutes later I have fresh cookies/PCBAs :)

I am second-operation hand soldering any through hole connectors.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@theatrus Working on 0-10VDC outputs. I am showing -8.83VDC on both the tip and the middle contact with reference to the base contact when they are set to 75% and 25% respectively via reef-pi. I am using an off the shelf jack and integrated cable.

In reef-pi one jack is set to pin0 and the other pin1. They both track the pin0 setting, and showing negative rather than positive voltage.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@theatrus Working on 0-10VDC outputs. I am showing -8.83VDC on both the tip and the middle contact with reference to the base contact when they are set to 75% and 25% respectively via reef-pi. I am using an off the shelf jack and integrated cable.

In reef-pi one jack is set to pin0 and the other pin1. They both track the pin0 setting, and showing negative rather than positive voltage.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
I have seen some strange behavior with the 0-10 v output as well, I ‘ll be cross checking my setup with recommended pin (config.txt) tonight . Temp probe is working . I was not able to test the power strip control due to missing male db9 connector , today that has arrived , I’ll report back test results on that as well

OP
OP
theatrus

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Double check config.txt as well.

This is set 50% for me:

91578dd02047011b53f18832fe120fd4.jpg

Note the common ground is the ring, signals are on the sleeve and tip.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, my current test results:
- /boot/config.txt is exactly same as recommended in the
- 1 wire based temp sensor is working
- All 8 channel 12V relay/power controller is working
- 10 v pwm/0-10v still not working as expected. I am not sure whats going on. At least on linux side i can see the proper params (period and dutycycle for both pwm channels).

I'll start testing with oscilloscope (in case this is frequency related) and then trace the pcb with multi meter tomorrow.

OP
OP
theatrus

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, my current test results:
- /boot/config.txt is exactly same as recommended in the
- 1 wire based temp sensor is working
- All 8 channel 12V relay/power controller is working
- 10 v pwm/0-10v still not working as expected. I am not sure whats going on. At least on linux side i can see the proper params (period and dutycycle for both pwm channels).

I'll start testing with oscilloscope (in case this is frequency related) and then trace the pcb with multi meter tomorrow.

Let me know what you see!

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 31 50.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.2%
Back