Restarting Large Aquarium

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shakeel
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shakeel

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2011
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
Jacksonville,Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thinking of a price range to start back up my old 150 into a reef tank with a dsb.Buying new MH,Mag12 pump I have a Euro reef cs 8-2 modded out uv sterlizer and a reef keeper elite and a 40gallon long sump.But to and all the bells and whistles im thinking around 2,500 what do you guys think?
 
Since you already have the tank that amount sounds about right. I am piecing togather one about that size and and it came out to about 2600 but I already had ballast for my hilides.
 
I would say you could come out even cheaper! Make sure you do a talk build thread here! :D
 
I thinking of a price range to start back up my old 150 into a reef tank with a dsb.Buying new MH,Mag12 pump I have a Euro reef cs 8-2 modded out uv sterlizer and a reef keeper elite and a 40gallon long sump.But to and all the bells and whistles im thinking around 2,500 what do you guys think?
you can get used mh fixture for 3 to $400..couple decent power heads $200 or so. You have the rest besides rock and live stock.... I can't see it being anywhere near $2500 honestly... Unless your counting live stock then yeah it can jump quick... It's only as expensive as you wanna make it...:)
 
Ok so I still have about 150 pounds worth of nice live rock and a butt load of sps and lps corals in 60 cube with 40 long sump.The thing i was getting at why it would be 2500 because I know this sounds greedy but I want those 2 mp40w w/battery back up and wanted to get some new pendants ballast and bubs.Not to mention two cases of 200g salt mix.And I have already started with the build thread of cleaning the tank with my kids doing the manual labor inside the tank lol.I just really trying to plan ahead of myself I really want this time to go smoothly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new