OP
OP
SeaSaltsss

SeaSaltsss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the plan is sound, regular water changes shouldn’t be hard on a tank that size, personality I wouldn’t bother with an ATU unless you travel away often. I would just draw a line on the side of the tank and manually fill it in the evening or morning.
Fair enough, I have a glass lid that covers most of the top so evaporations not very bad. I’m only gone for a weekend at a time at most.

xinyan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to reef2reef~
I also have a pico that's just about a gallon larger. if you have questions feel free to message me. I've kept pico from 2-4.6gallons. personally think picos are very simple. if anything is really off. just change the water.

OP
OP
SeaSaltsss

SeaSaltsss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so as of this morning I woke up around 9:30 and cut the lights on, the emerald crab I added last week decided it likes hiding in my Xenia, my goby had covered my gsp with sand so anything that had opened was closed again and he pushed my Xenia away from the rock and into the direct stream of current which it did not like lol. So I blasted the sand off the gsp and moved the Xenia to the back corner in hopes of it attaching to the back wall, as well as moved the gsp to where the Xenia was. Now we just gotta wait on it to open up again:( pictures will be posted soon. Going to download one of these aquarium photo apps I read about.

OP
OP
SeaSaltsss

SeaSaltsss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you spot the crab??

Also couldn’t find an app so I just turned my blues off. Guess I’ll have to get a set of gel filters here soon.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
SeaSaltsss

SeaSaltsss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a question as far as my lighting goes, currently I’m just running an old black box 155w led from a old bigger tank? Where should I roughly have my knobs set % wise? I’ve been running 30% full spec 30% blue and the Xenia seems to be happy, my gsp is slowly opening back up but I’m wondering if that’s way too much light because if I did my math right that’s 12.5w/g

inletfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a question as far as my lighting goes, currently I’m just running an old black box 155w led from a old bigger tank? Where should I roughly have my knobs set % wise? I’ve been running 30% full spec 30% blue and the Xenia seems to be happy, my gsp is slowly opening back up but I’m wondering if that’s way too much light because if I did my math right that’s 12.5w/g
how high is it above water? black boxes are notoriously powerful i always ran more blue than white. coral in the ocean doesnt get nearly as much light as they do in our tanks

OP
OP
SeaSaltsss

SeaSaltsss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently in the process of building a stand. But it’s currently about 3” from water surface sitting on top of the tank. The leds don’t kick in till about 19% on my knobs tho so I’m not sure how accurate they are.

OP
OP
SeaSaltsss

SeaSaltsss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s not very much information when it comes to a good rule of thumb for led lighting, especially not much information on lighting pico tanks. So any advice is greatly appreciated.

inletfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently in the process of building a stand. But it’s currently about 3” from water surface sitting on top of the tank. The leds don’t kick in till about 19% on my knobs tho so I’m not sure how accurate they are.
i think i was running 30% 18" over a nuvo 16 growing montiporas and everything else well

OP
OP
SeaSaltsss

SeaSaltsss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think i was running 30% 18" over a nuvo 16 growing montiporas and everything else well
Thanks I’ll probably turn them down as low as I can, should be somewhere around 15/18% I’m building my stand about 12” off the water but I do have a glass lid that’s reflecting some of the light I’m sure. Should I maybe even go in and remove say some of the red and green diodes?

inletfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I’ll probably turn them down as low as I can, should be somewhere around 15/18% I’m building my stand about 12” off the water but I do have a glass lid that’s reflecting some of the light I’m sure. Should I maybe even go in and remove say some of the red and green diodes?
if youre having an algae issue maybe...

id prolly leave blues a little higher

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back