SeaSaltsss 3.7g pico.

SeaSaltsss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finally decided to become a member on here after plenty of time snooping around, my tank setup is a 3.7 gal aio from petco, 4 pounds of live rock, 6 pounds of live sand, running imaginarium boxed sea water, and running a bag of chemi pure elite. Stock currently is 1 1” yellow watchman goby, a margarita snail, a small Xenia colony and a small GSP frag(yet to open up) I just added today(yes I know both are invasive as heck it doesn’t bother me). Everything seems to be doing good and staying stable. I’ve had a tank previously but do y’all have any advice for a first time pico owner? Anything would be appreciated. Thank y’all! I’m happy to be here! I’m sure there’s plenty of knowledge and adventure to come.

C65FDBC1-6164-42D0-8187-B7F978016F73.png 07E5ABB6-E3DF-4B5A-9AFC-A4B2F73EF13E.jpeg image.jpg

OP
OP
SeaSaltsss

SeaSaltsss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Great looking tank!!!
Thanks! I’m sure there’s plenty more to come as long as I can avoid a crash, I’m hoping using the boxed water will help take one extra factor out of the mix and 1g weekly water changes should be effective enough for nutrient export. The water already has natural trace elements in it so hopefully I should be able to keep dosing to a minimum. Anyone have any budget ATO options?

OP
OP
SeaSaltsss

SeaSaltsss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think bob the watchman comes to mind, xenia will look awesome growing in the back wall to ;) welcome to R2R
I like that name! I named the margarita snail tipsy. And I agree I only have the Xenia there till my upgraded pump comes in the mail.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I’m sure there’s plenty more to come as long as I can avoid a crash, I’m hoping using the boxed water will help take one extra factor out of the mix and 1g weekly water changes should be effective enough for nutrient export. The water already has natural trace elements in it so hopefully I should be able to keep dosing to a minimum. Anyone have any budget ATO options?

the plan is sound, regular water changes shouldn’t be hard on a tank that size, personality I wouldn’t bother with an ATU unless you travel away often. I would just draw a line on the side of the tank and manually fill it in the evening or morning.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My daughter calls the tank cute

welcome58.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back