Secret Santa 2019 Gift show off thread

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Its both disappointing and to a degree selfish that one would sign up and being told up front to keep their end of the deal in place and ignore it while cheerfully accepting gifts from others without any sense of guilt

Cstar_BC

View Badges
Reaction score
Just wanted to post a big thank you to my Secret Santa , the gifts both showed up in the last week and I am so thankful!
This coffee cup now comes with me to work and I have some serious knitting this weekend.
To my fellow knitters/crochet/sewers there is a Facebook group and local groups that are desperate for crafters to create items for Australian animals injured from the fires - kangaroo pouches , nests , animal beds etc
We can use all the help we can get !!

01358A95-814E-41C8-AFCF-A6F6A6DE77F1.jpeg

aroundtown631

View Badges
Reaction score
@Hermey please let me know if you have anyone that needs a Not-so-secret Santa. We got a Miracle, I would love to spread the love!

Same! Sign me up as a "reserve" Santa. @Hermey I received mine, and im very happy, but I hated the feeling waiting for it. Im willing to send a gift to someone who signed up but hasn't gotten one.

Eye H8 Empty V

View Badges
Reaction score
The person who was supposed to be my secret santa was somewhat confused. He sent me a non-anonymous message telling me "Just bought something off your wishlist I spent a lot of money for it you should like it it should arrive between the 9th and 13th"

Screenshot (37)_LI.jpg

After that he started another chat anonymously and asked me if I live in Michigan because he received Filter floss, chemi pure and candy. Then I never heard back form him.

Screenshot (36)_LI.jpg

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you not so secret SS Tim!!!

I really appreciate you taking the time and $ to send me a gift, because my original SS went mia.

It’s this extra effort from kind hearted people that make R2R such a great place to be.

Thank you.

F2F2E6F2-48A2-40D2-9FC8-C0660162A670.jpeg 62A34077-8975-4DCC-8481-415703033D06.jpeg
This will make my step ladder required maintenance time professional looking and safer. 34C12E59-9B09-40CF-8FB2-28C9EE02261F.jpeg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Well my S.S. just blew me away and made the wait so well worth it!!! Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart and I still have another package on the way!! You rocked my Christmas for sure!

20200122_063707.jpg
Super stoked you liked it @Reefnman2 ! Hope the next gift serves you well, as well!

Last edited:

TN_Huskymama

View Badges
Reaction score
I want to send out a HUGE THANK YOU to my surrogate Secret Santa(s)!!!
I was one of the few that didn’t receive a gift so my surrogates stepped in and took care of me
I cannot thank you enough. I was sick for weeks with bronchitis and a touch of pneumonia during the holiday season which probably added to my original disappointment. Y’all did not have to make up for the person who didn’t participate as my Secret Santa, but you sure did go above and beyond to make a girl feel special!
I also received a gift card to WWC that I applied towards a softie box. Came in handy since I just recently upgraded to a 75g and had some extra room for more corals in the tank.
Thank you again!!! God bless you!

088C0948-D382-4CD9-837A-029F2AD24AAB.jpeg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
I want to send out a HUGE THANK YOU to my surrogate Secret Santa(s)!!!
I was one of the few that didn’t receive a gift so my surrogates stepped in and took care of me
I cannot thank you enough. I was sick for weeks with bronchitis and a touch of pneumonia during the holiday season which probably added to my original disappointment. Y’all did not have to make up for the person who didn’t participate as my Secret Santa, but you sure did go above and beyond to make a girl feel special!
I also received a gift card to WWC that I applied towards a softie box. Came in handy since I just recently upgraded to a 75g and had some extra room for more corals in the tank.
Thank you again!!! God bless you!

088C0948-D382-4CD9-837A-029F2AD24AAB.jpeg
You are so welcome and I'm super happy you are happy. Was eyeballing those slippers for my wife as well... ;)

Eye H8 Empty V

View Badges
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? All I can say is wow and thank you to whoever sent me a surprise 2nd package. I received some stuff from BRS last week and I though that maybe I forgot about an item and they split up the shipping. When I opened the box I was speechless. The only clue that I have is who I think is @JoshH followed my Elfster list. Whoever sent me this I wish I could hug you, even if it made you feel slightly uncomfortable :p. 1000 thank yous!!!!

Gyre.jpg

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 177 72.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back