Share your LOOT!!!

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

I was off at 930 last night an hour and half longer which is painful on 24 hour shift. I missed dinner but ate some when I was able to get there. But as my mum prepared it for me I fell asleep on the couch. So my dad picked me up and put me in the spare bedroom. So just now getting home lol, and maybe eat some since I fell asleep too soon :( but they sent me with left overs :)

People truly do not function at their best for this many hours. I feel for you! Glad you did manage to get something to eat. Sending you virtual hugs. ;Shamefullyembarrased

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

It’s really really crazy hard the first month, after not so bad till they have you do mandatory 12 hours on your days off which is what’s been happening to me. When you vent even find time to brush your hair lol it’s crazy.

My parents understand, and not sure I missed much other than people opening gifts but that was in the morning. Did feel weird that I was so tired i didn’t wake up when they moved me to the guest bedroom. It’s not like it’s hard to pick me up but was definitely asleep. Wasn’t happy about still being in work clothes but oh well.

Today I woke up, ate food (not left overs lol) then found myself on the couch asleep again. Trying to get more sleep I have a mandatory 12 tonight from 8pm to 8am then another 24. It makes running errands really hard or doing anything really difficult. Hopefully once I’m done with my first year, I can get off the mandatory 12. That would help oh so much .

Mark Lawson

View Badges
Reaction score
Mine came Friday in the mail............Thank you! Love the mix of nuts and pears! Ok Alexa just let me know part one of the SS I sent just arrived at there door, part two on Thursday ......hope they like it.

santa 1.jpg

santa 2.jpg

Wow just got another box with gift card and asst candy and a big bag of trail mix......and two glasses! Am confused now must have had 2 secret Santa's......... hey its all good and thank you to all mentioned!

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

It’s really really crazy hard the first month, after not so bad till they have you do mandatory 12 hours on your days off which is what’s been happening to me. When you vent even find time to brush your hair lol it’s crazy.

My parents understand, and not sure I missed much other than people opening gifts but that was in the morning. Did feel weird that I was so tired i didn’t wake up when they moved me to the guest bedroom. It’s not like it’s hard to pick me up but was definitely asleep. Wasn’t happy about still being in work clothes but oh well.

Today I woke up, ate food (not left overs lol) then found myself on the couch asleep again. Trying to get more sleep I have a mandatory 12 tonight from 8pm to 8am then another 24. It makes running errands really hard or doing anything really difficult. Hopefully once I’m done with my first year, I can get off the mandatory 12. That would help oh so much .

Sounds like a nurse or doctors schedule. Not good on your body. I worked 12 hour shifts for years, grave yards. Then one month nights, one days for several more years. I can tell you it stinks. Period. No matter how you sugar coat it. When the light of day looked strange to me I knew I needed a change. Good luck getting through your first year.

Shelley

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sounds like a nurse or doctors schedule. Not good on your body. I worked 12 hour shifts for years, grave yards. Then one month nights, one days for several more years. I can tell you it stinks. Period. No matter how you sugar coat it. When the light of day looked strange to me I knew I needed a change. Good luck getting through your first year.

Shelley

Hello,

Wow nice guess lol my first year residency in the trauma center which is what I like the most anyway. Obviously not the hours but it’s very hard on one, just to stay sane not alone find time to brush your hair or aka sleep.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
WOOT!! Got my gift from my SS on Christmas Eve!! Somebody knew what I liked and sent me steaks and other goodies from Omaha Steaks!! I'll be throwing those guys on the grill soon! Thanks, Secret Santa!!

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
WOOT!! Got my gift from my SS on Christmas Eve!! Somebody knew what I liked and sent me steaks and other goodies from Omaha Steaks!! I'll be throwing those guys on the grill soon! Thanks, Secret Santa!!
Nice, can't beat steaks! I forgot to sign up for it but next year I will!!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Yum! Be sure to share pics of those bad boys on the grill with us! :)

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

Wow nice guess lol my first year residency in the trauma center which is what I like the most anyway. Obviously not the hours but it’s very hard on one, just to stay sane not alone find time to brush your hair or aka sleep.

I am in law enforcement and we have similar schedules. I have several nurses in the family also. One works in trauma. It is a rewarding career. Though far from easy.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am in law enforcement and we have similar schedules. I have several nurses in the family also. One works in trauma. It is a rewarding career. Though far from easy.

Hello,

It’s kinda funny my dad use to be a state bull and my oldest brother was an mp until his mo changed. But it’s funny with all officers in the trauma center all the time I know all their ten code aka code 4 is (your fine your okay etc)

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

It’s kinda funny my dad use to be a state bull and my oldest brother was an mp until his mo changed. But it’s funny with all officers in the trauma center all the time I know all their ten code aka code 4 is (your fine your okay etc)

That is correct, code4. But why I picked that to go by when things are sometimes far from ok with my tanks I have no idea! And the 10 codes are not all the same from state to state. My county number is 267. I bet the conversations around your families dinner table is never boring. One of Caspers city officers was shot multiple times last May. Between the quick actions of responding law enforcement applying 8 tourniquets and all the other medical care he received in ICU he would have died. It was touch and go for a long time. Numerous surgeries and many blood donations by the citizens of Natrona county. I respect and appreciate all the medical personnel the world over.

Thank you secret Santa everyone.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

Yes I have seen some things that I could probably never speak about but it’s why I choose this profession. In terms of dinner conversations it’s me usually asleep with my head in my food, and the rest of my family carrying on. But when I am awake enough yes we have some interesting conversations.

Lol secret Santa wanted to keep mine a secret and it’s still in the North Pole :). Sorry I had to :).

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.3%
Back