Shipping Rainbow Bubble Tip Anemones

tony21523

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 120g tank is overflowing with Rainbow Bubble Tip Anemones that keep splitting. I probably have close to 60 at this point, and I really want to thin out the herd so I can change the direction of coral in my tank. I have tried craigslist, and sold probably close to 50 RBTAs over the past 6 months, but I think that I have sold to everyone in the Cleveland region because I am getting no more hits1

In essence, the this post is for me to get some assistance on how I should go about starting to sell and ship these Anemones. This would be my first time shipping any livestock from my tank, and I want to make sure I do it right so nobody gets a dead Anemone.

1. Should I be shipping anemones using one or two day shipping?
  2. If the weather conditions are too hot or too cold in the region that they will ship to, should I be hesitant to ship them there?
  3. What type of heating/cooling packs do you recommend for performance, and for cost?
  4. Do I need to use a insulated foam shipping box, if so does anyone have recommendations?
  5. USPS, FedEx, or UPS
Once I get some more information about how to ship, and the associated costs, I can start to advertise a fixed price including shipping. Currently, I am thinking $25 for each anemone plus shipping cost, but I will see if I should compensate myself more the work to get everything packaged up and shipped.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Antonio

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) Always overnight early morning delivery.

2) shipping companies like "ship my aquatics" will advice you on that.

3) always use heat or cold packs if temps are out of wack.

4) yes insulated shipping boxes are your best friend.

5) FedEx it Ups, don't use USPS.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But for how much you selling your RBTA's for?
If the price is below the $60+ shooing cost ppl just don't go for that.
Especially when some LFS sells them for less as the shipping cost.
Maybe a better idea is to do a trade with your LFS for credit towards products or livestock in his/her store.

OP
OP
T

tony21523

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But for how much you selling your RBTA's for?
If the price is below the $60+ shooing cost ppl just don't go for that.
Especially when some LFS sells them for less as the shipping cost.
Maybe a better idea is to do a trade with your LFS for credit towards products or livestock in his/her store.
You bring up a good point. I would charge $25 plus shipping, so I would assume that the total cost would be exceeding $60. I will contact my fish store and see what they can do for me. I never really thought about doing that.

TotallyCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 120g tank is overflowing with Rainbow Bubble Tip Anemones that keep splitting. I probably have close to 60 at this point, and I really want to thin out the herd so I can change the direction of coral in my tank. I have tried craigslist, and sold probably close to 50 RBTAs over the past 6 months, but I think that I have sold to everyone in the Cleveland region because I am getting no more hits1

In essence, the this post is for me to get some assistance on how I should go about starting to sell and ship these Anemones. This would be my first time shipping any livestock from my tank, and I want to make sure I do it right so nobody gets a dead Anemone.

1. Should I be shipping anemones using one or two day shipping?
  2. If the weather conditions are too hot or too cold in the region that they will ship to, should I be hesitant to ship them there?
  3. What type of heating/cooling packs do you recommend for performance, and for cost?
  4. Do I need to use a insulated foam shipping box, if so does anyone have recommendations?
  5. USPS, FedEx, or UPS
Once I get some more information about how to ship, and the associated costs, I can start to advertise a fixed price including shipping. Currently, I am thinking $25 for each anemone plus shipping cost, but I will see if I should compensate myself more the work to get everything packaged up and shipped.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Antonio
I would be interested in buying a couple rainbow tips if you still have them.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
562FD729-E7AE-4982-A588-05424E8D4F7B.jpeg

I would be interested in buying a couple rainbow tips if you still have them.

this thread is a year old and the op hasn’t logged in since may of this year. might not get and answer any time soon. but welcome to r2r. ;)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 80.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.1%
Back