Skimz Cheato Reactor O-ring fix???

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2016
Messages
1,024
Reaction score
250
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone found a fix, or a trick, to get the o-ring back on after opening up the reactor? Just cleaned mine for the first time today and I felt like taking a sledgehammer to it after fighting to get the o-ring back on properly.
 
I found after a few times I can get it in a try or two. Tip for me is getting the O-ring wet and try not to roll it on. I give a slight tug on the side I'm trying to seat and slowly let it in to minimize the rolling effect.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new