OP
Qwarex

Qwarex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unhappy corals...losing color, shrinking, shriveled, retracting...listen to your corals, they tell you when they're unhappy...
All lps look amazing, even better than anyone else's that i have physically seen. My torches, euphyllias in general, duncan etc look amazing, puffed up and healthy. Maybe slow growth for lps. Softies look very good as well. Only *some* zoas, acros and some other sps arent doing so well, slow growth, most of them lost color, most have polyps retracted

OP
OP
Qwarex

Qwarex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update
So after dosing the reef colors abcd from red sea, I can see some of my corals may be better now, but very slightly, zoas look happier i think so i will continue dosing. I think i found the reason to my problem (thanks to all of you :) ) my refractometer was not showing me the correct salinity. It was saying that its 34 ppm (1.025) when in reality it was about 41 ppm (1.030) yikes ! Im not sure that its that high yet, will try and get calibration fluid instead of using reference substance from a calcium test for calibrating the refractometer. Either way its too high but the thing that i dont understand is why my lps, including torches, look so healthy and so well (except for the one in the photo) hmm... Ill update after i get the water to the right salinity and if i see any changes. Cheers!

TLECLUYSE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this exact issue when starting out, my problem turned out to be my salt level. The refractometer I was using was incorrect and my level was right at 31 I invested in like 4 different ways to verify salt and brought it back slowly. The Milwaukee is my go to now

OP
OP
Qwarex

Qwarex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this exact issue when starting out, my problem turned out to be my salt level. The refractometer I was using was incorrect and my level was right at 31 I invested in like 4 different ways to verify salt and brought it back slowly. The Milwaukee is my go to now
Did your corals color up a lot and extended their polyps? And also did they grow faster? How were your lps and softies before and how are they now?

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 20 18.3%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 46 42.2%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 16 14.7%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.7%
Back