Tank Upgrade Q's (Light and Pump Feedback)

oldcoach7

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 8, 2018
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgrading from a biocube 32 to RedSea Reefer 250 (36"x21"x20"). Going to do a mixed tank with a lean toward SPS. Looking for opinions on lighting as I only want to spend once. Opinions on Kessil AP700 or Radion XR30W? Will be running an Apex controller. One sufficient?

Also, any opinions on the Neptune COR15 (Apex integrated) return pump versus EcoTech Vectra pumps (w/ battery backup). Gotta think battery backup trumps integration w/ Apex.
 
1st off, WELCOME to R2R!!

I like where you are going with this, so I'll throw my .02¢

Personally, I love my Radions. Also hard to disagree with the success WWC has had. Nothing against Kessils at all, just my preference.
And if it were MY tank, and YOUR money, I'd opt for 2 of the XR30's mounted front to back. Honestly though, you might be better served with 2 of the XR15's and get almost as good of a spread for less dough Ray me..
For the pump, again I would go with the Vectra. With that tank, a M1 would do the just just fine.
When you decide, make sure to post up pix. We LOVE pix here!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new