The 120 Experience

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Transferred the coral from the biocube to the 120. Got a couple new pieces too... Hawkins and Pink Lemonade.

Took some top down photos to capture more of the highlights and less shadows. I was holding the camera in my hand so a little blurry.

conveyor belt of fleshdunce.jpg
dayglo.jpg
hawkins flashlight.jpg
pink lemonade.jpg
raindrops on roses.jpg
calicali copps.jpg
nem.jpg
duncan.jpg
pc rainbow.jpg
fox flame.jpg
hammer.jpg
monti cap.jpg
FTS.jpg

Looking good!

OP
OP
Salt Creep

Salt Creep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great start! Your build is extremely similar to mine, and i started mine just after yours. What kind of schedule are you running on the Primes, and how happy are you with the T5 bulb combo?

I am running the David Saxby settings on the primes:

saxby.png
I have changed the bulb combo to 2 blue plus 2 actinic. Having one coral plus on a side and one actinic on the other made the back half of the tank noticeably whiter than the front. I get enough white from the LEDs so went to actinic. I worked my way up to running the T5s for 8 hours during the peak of the LEDs. I don't have colonies yet, but time will tell how they help with shadowing issues. I can notice a big difference when the T5s are on/off.

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool beans. I am running the same program, but I have three hydra 26 in lieu of the primes. I wasn't planning on adding any T5's until my corals started growing a little bit, but I've already noticed a little bit of shadowing that I think T5's will fix so I went ahead and order bulbs earlier today. Good luck, and I look forward to comparing notes with you down the road.

OP
OP
Salt Creep

Salt Creep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added some flow! I now have 2 WAV pumps, 1 MP10, and 2 Jebao WP40s on the dual controller. I found these in my pile of old fish stuff and I am actually really surprised these still work. I don't know if I'll need to add anything else for flow. I also added a ponape birdsnest and an ice fire echinata. I usually take pictures on the weekend closest to the 15th of each month to track growth, but I haven't really noticed much progress besides encrusting more and the PC rainbow is shooting out a multi-branch. I'll probably skip posting those this month unless something drastic happens over the next week.

OffTopic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love what you did with the aquascape/fish selection and the cute cat had to put your tank over the top! Following along

BoSalman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build! Love the finishing of the tank and plumbing!

That kole and that rainbow nem! :cool:

I have those on my list currently working on getting best stock listed before pulling the trigger.

Amazing work, keep them updates coming, and that kitty must be up to something ;)

OP
OP
Salt Creep

Salt Creep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build! Love the finishing of the tank and plumbing!

That kole and that rainbow nem! :cool:

I have those on my list currently working on getting best stock listed before pulling the trigger.

Amazing work, keep them updates coming, and that kitty must be up to something ;)

Thank you! I plan on posting pics often... I can't help it... I love photography and reefing. They go perfect together! The kitty is ALWAYS up to something.

Salt Creep you have me in serious *drool* mode! Beautiful, just beautiful. Thanks for sharing and you forgot one thing. That would be giving yourself a pat on the back. :)

Ha, thank you so much! Sitting on the couch watching the tank is reward enough :) I am very happy with how it is turning out so far. As far as I can remember this is the first tank I built fully from the ground up the way I wanted it built. Had to buy everything new though so $$$$$, but it was worth it.

OP
OP
Salt Creep

Salt Creep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a few new coral.

Purple Milli
Fuzzy Wuzzy Milli
Forest Fire Digi
Blueberry something?
Paletta Pink Tip?
Green Slimer

My Ponape birdsnest somehow came loose from the rock and fell right into the mouth of my lobo. I was able to frag off a small piece that seems to be ok, but the rest didn't make it.

I'll be having another Battlebox delivered on Tuesday. Can't wait to see what I get!

Here is the coral I was told is a blueberry something. Anyone have an ID?

blueberry nausata-.jpg

Also this one... I think might be a Paletta Pink Tip, but not sure.

paletta pink tip.jpg

The little nub of Sungod Prostrata that started with 2 polyps.

sungod prostrada.jpg

A couple millis I got

purple milli.jpg
fuzzy wuzzy milli.jpg

The classic green slimmer

green slimer.jpg

This PC rainbow started out basically bleached. Got the greenish yellow a few months ago and now starting to show pink on the corallites.

PC Rainbow.jpg

A rock of green hairy mushroom.

green hairy mushrooms.jpg

Some green striped mushrooms

green striped mushrooms.jpg

Rusty Gorgonian

rusty gorgonian.jpg

Red Robin is starting to get some really subtle gradient coloration and not very red at all. Becoming a favorite though

red robin.jpg

The Ponape frag

ponape birdsnest.jpg

OP
OP
Salt Creep

Salt Creep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added some coral. Having some tufts of algae show up in places right now... the coralline isn't coming fast enough :( It's nothing out of hand at this point, but I have been feeding a bit heavy trying to fatten up the fish a bit. Any time I was home and the lights were on I was feeding small amounts regularly. The fish are a bit more filled in now so going to lighten up on the feedings. This is probably the last bit of SPS I am going to add until this algae balances itself out.

Bubblebath Unicorn

BC Bubblebath Unicorn.jpg

Daisy Pusher

BC Daisy Pusher.jpg

Heart and Soul

BC Heart and Soul.jpg

BC Secale

BC Secale.jpg

Red Flamingo

BC Red Flamingo.jpg

Excaliber

Excaliber.jpg

Forest Fire Digi

forest fire digi.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Lots of new frags this month. Got an FTS (full tank shot)?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back