The Garden -- Rakies shallow SPS cube

markalot

Comic Relief
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Rakie. Sorry to hear about the salinity losses. Mine has creaped up but so far no issues from bringing it slowly back down. Does matt have a thread over here as well?

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Rakie. Sorry to hear about the salinity losses. Mine has creaped up but so far no issues from bringing it slowly back down. Does matt have a thread over here as well?

I don't think Matt is on here but if I'm wrong I would like to see it as well :)

I don't believe he does -- Wrangy does but he doesn't post much here (or I don't get notifications on his thread for some reason). I have been getting a lot of notification issues. I usually don't see notifications for my own threads, I didn't get one for either of your messages I just checked the thread.

As for the Salinity, not the biggest issue. You're bound to have something happen eventually, I'm lucky I only lost a few pieces, and nothing too valuable.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just messing with the camera, trying to combat the new LED lighting / photo issues!

D3DDDD3D3D3D333D3DIMG_0001.jpg

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice growth, that thing will be jam slacked in no time

Wow! Nice looking corals.

Thanks much! Everything has been coming along slowly. It always feels like time stands still in this hobby.. Awhile back I had some dinos, and it completely stalled everything for a good 6 months so It's pretty great watching things grow the last 4 months.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THE EVIL BANGAII IS GONE

My bangaii has done the following;

- Bit the tail off my lunate (three times)

- Chased a midnight clown out of the tank (carpet surfing)

- Has kept my firefish in her bolt hole for about a year

- Was causing my Sunburst Anthias to not eat (was getting thin)

- Made my neon goby spend the first 2 months of it's life being hunted

- Claimed the middle of the tank -- anybody that came near the center of the tank was her mortal enemy

BUT, on the positive side... She was a beauty, exceptionally long streamers, great colors, etc etc. Guy who came by was positively surprised. The fish in my tank have never been happier. They're all out and about and carefree, and they're not getting chased when I feed the tank now..

I was getting worried about my Sunburst, the guy is pretty timid and he wasn't being allowed to eat.

teller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 100% understand you. I still have my bangai after 4 years, but always chasing my royal gramma, and even my clown couple.
I will never have a bangai, they are like demsels!

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now running Radion for 3 weeks. Some colors improving, others not liking the change. It'll take more than 3 weeks to see the difference. Alk consumption is FINALLY ticking up a hair. While corals were getting used to my radion I had to turn dosing in half as consumption plummeted. It'll get back though.

TTT1T1T11T11T11T1T1T1T1T1000000IMG_0002.jpg

In other news... I've got another tank in the wings. Not dramatically larger, but a 36x20x20 -- which feels huge to me.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rakie,
Looking forward to your new tank and Happy New Year!

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rakie,
Looking forward to your new tank and Happy New Year!

Thank you much my friend! I'm excited to watch your progress. it took way too long for you to make a build thread!

Do you like the look of the radion over the t5?

I will when I get the diffuser. For now, no.

I will say there's two things with the G4 that I really don't like... The UV and Violet (while awesome for the corals) visually suck. They give the entire tank a sickly purple hue which just.. horrible. Absolutely horrible. I hate it. Turning off the UV/Violet for just a moment everything looked amazing and SHARP. The hue is so over-powering you actually lose definition.

It's like the soft focus you'd see on a soap opera...

f2984953025caea215e33a4949876480.jpg

The UV and Violet are good, and no doubt useful.. So much so It's probably unwise to turn them down from 100% as every setting from radion has them at max... But... God it's nasty looking. If it doesn't hinder coral growth much I'll have to lower them both to about 50%.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice job!

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a quick and dirty cell phone shot -- Look whose out all the time? My first fish, the firefish.

This girl has been through 3 tanks, and a few bullies. Now that the mean bangaii is out, the whole tank is more relaxed.. Before that, the bullying went down hill, everything got picked on, and picked on something in return.

For the first time in about a year -- The firefish is out and about, and happy as a pre-bangaii clam.

IMG_20180104_105202240-01-01.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back