OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got bored and placed some coral temporary, just to give me something to look at.

My Typical View
nvhdhsuytiuhofdhstyfuygijvndshdikIMG_0009.jpg

PC Superman alt version? lol..
nvhdhsuytiuhofdhstyfuygijvndshdikIMG_0023.jpg

LOA Richards Rainbow Stag -- Which will color up as it becomes a colony
nvhdhsuytiuhofdhstyfuygijvndshdikIMG_0013.jpg

JF Fox Flame
nvhdhsuytiuhofdhstyfuygijvndshdikIMG_0022.jpg

Someones TDF (JF, WWC, Vivid? idk.. but a TDF)
nvhdhsuytiuhofdhstyfuygijvndshdikIMG_0031.jpg

Some random wild mili I like
nvhdhsuytiuhofdhstyfuygijvndshdikIMG_0033.jpg

So there. A few pics. Things are starting to look decent finally.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That pc Superman kind of looks like the BC firecracker

I'm going to have to assume it may have been a wild coral that looked like a PC Superman and was passed off as such. Either way, it's not bad. But it does look different than some of the PC Superman I've seen. Although locally, this one is going around as the PC Super. Most people I know have this version. The person I got it from did buy a lot from Adam though... Maybe he mixed it up.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The firecracker in that pic looks a little pale. Maybe with it darkened up, it would look real close. When I asked Adam about it this is what he said "Its like the supeman table for sure but ha sits own appeal as well". Either way, it looks nice!

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, it was clear you would not resist too long putting some corals on the shelves.
And I like it.
None of them are glued down, just wanted to see something off the rack after 3 months of stasis!

So after having a chance to look it over in tank, I'll be cutting the structure 1" shorter. It'll give a little more room at the top of the tank.

I'm also flirting with the idea of putting a strip of plastic over part of my overflow to raise the water height. For whatever reason, the eclipse overflow was designed with extra deep cuts. So I may follow the trend of raising the height with a strip of acrylic or something to get a little more depth in the tank.

Due to the overflow design, I'm only getting about 16.5" out of my 18" depth.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, thanks @najer -- It's definitely a little abstract, especially before the salt water has a chance to grow some stuff on the frame. After a little trim to the feet, and algae / coralline growth, it'll look significantly better and more natural. I'm also considering using the frame to mount tabling acropora, which will also help the looks.

The frag racks sitting in the way don't show off the clean scape either -- Another thing which should be coming out soon!

My goals with this new scape are as follows;
- More room for fish to swim
- More room for coral placement
- No frag racks in the display
- BB to help keep everything as clean as I'd like
- A scape that can be appreciate on the right side, and the front

Fish seemed to have adapted alright, no big freak outs from any of the fish. A few of the smaller gobies are hiding more than typical but this will subside with time.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, thanks @najer -- It's definitely a little abstract, especially before the salt water has a chance to grow some stuff on the frame. After a little trim to the feet, and algae / coralline growth, it'll look significantly better and more natural. I'm also considering using the frame to mount tabling acropora, which will also help the looks.

The frag racks sitting in the way don't show off the clean scape either -- Another thing which should be coming out soon!

My goals with this new scape are as follows;
- More room for fish to swim
- More room for coral placement
- No frag racks in the display
- BB to help keep everything as clean as I'd like
- A scape that can be appreciate on the right side, and the front

Fish seemed to have adapted alright, no big freak outs from any of the fish. A few of the smaller gobies are hiding more than typical but this will subside with time.

I love it, it will colo(u)r up in no time! :)

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's my plan for testing this treatment. I'm going to do a standard dose of it as described, and then I'm going to dip a few corals in melafix which I know kills aefw and see if any survived!

@GoVols @bubbaque @mdbannister @Janci @najer @WallyB @hybridazn

Any suggestions from you guys for an A/B test?

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very interested in seeing you do this. Do you know if you can see eggs? I have no idea if the AEFW lay eggs in the same place all the time but watching to see if eggs disappear might show the adults are dying.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's my plan for testing this treatment. I'm going to do a standard dose of it as described, and then I'm going to dip a few corals in melafix which I know kills aefw and see if any survived!

@GoVols @bubbaque @mdbannister @Janci @najer @WallyB @hybridazn

Any suggestions from you guys for an A/B test?

I used a product you might get in the States, Dettol over here is a household disinfectant, kills most things but I still have to watch for eggs hatching if I miss them.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back