Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a lot jealous.

I often feel that way about the other RAP shows. I always wish I bothered to go to the shows in NYC and Florida but I don't particularly care about either state so I always end up thinking it's not worth it. It probably would be, I enjoy working the show it's a ton of fun. And no MACNA people, we don't get anything for volunteering ;)

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i can't join your club because I refuse to go to California. We appear to be at an impasse :)

Our traffic and housing is bad enough, I encourage everybody to stay away or move out.

You'll think i'm joking when I say you can find a 1 bedroom apartment to SHARE with a couple for under $1,000/mo and it's a deal. Sadly, I'm not. 400 square foot lofts are like $1400/mo

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no i really wouldn't think you were joking. There are a number of reasons you couldn't pay me to live there and that is only one of many.

We probably don't spend $1400 a month for all of our bills combined.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I put a T5 fixture on the front of my tank. Just a little two bulb I have sitting around so why not. The sad thing is all I've got are B+ bulbs left... Otherwise I'd put in an ABS and a Coral+ or Purple+, or Actinic. Basically anything but B+...

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There ya go @Amoo, I found my ABS, Coral+ and Actinic bulbs. They're in. Love the color of both.

I'm still considering going with the 4 bulb Aquatic Life hybrid fixture, but really? I don't need it... I could use two bulbs up front, but don't need any in the back really. Maybe one.. But the top rock is being BLASTED by my radion already...

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thumbs up for the T5 addition.
I ordered the iQuatics Aqualumi T5 to replace the GHL Lightbars with 2 or 4 bulbs.

Thumbs down for the CA living cost. I had no idea it was that bad.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thumbs up for the T5 addition.
I ordered the iQuatics Aqualumi T5 to replace the GHL Lightbars with 2 or 4 bulbs.

Thumbs down for the CA living cost. I had no idea it was that bad.

In some area's of California the poverty line is at $100,000 per year income.

Yeah I'm needing a bit more light, I'm debating so much about what to get I decided to just use the spare fixture I had. If I can't decide I may as well give up in the most economical way possible LOL

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In some area's of California the poverty line is at $100,000 per year income.

Yeah I'm needing a bit more light, I'm debating so much about what to get I decided to just use the spare fixture I had. If I can't decide I may as well give up in the most economical way possible LOL

:eek:

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly found the area below the T5 to be the perfect acclimation spot for my tank. Just another thing to consider. Also, whatever you do as a final solution I would DEFINITELY borrow the par meter from your club. The lowest spot on my glass in the front of my tank is actually higher PAR then about 3/4 of the way up due to LED spread, glass reflection...etc.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly found the area below the T5 to be the perfect acclimation spot for my tank. Just another thing to consider. Also, whatever you do as a final solution I would DEFINITELY borrow the par meter from your club. The lowest spot on my glass in the front of my tank is actually higher PAR then about 3/4 of the way up due to LED spread, glass reflection...etc.

Yep. But still not enough par for me. That's one of the few things I learned from the BRS lighting series, and it was pretty interesting to note. That's why I painted my frag tank white and it helped quite a bit when I had a lower par light.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So not trying to count my chickens too quickly here. But I'm 114% positive I've picked up a great reactor in good shape.

Looks like I've stumbled into a Geo 612 Calcium Reactor..

CR612a.jpg

With my Custom regulator made by a friend
DSC_027901.jpg

So now I need a feed pump... my return is too weak to support this.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 67 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back