Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks much! Things are mostly looking good. I've had a few little issues

1. my CaRx pH probe died, so a new one is on the way and my current one is turning on and off every hour via Apex programming.

2. Bubble Algae will never die. Don't trust frag plugs, ever. Never had any algae issues for years until I got a zoa on a plug and it sprouted some bubble algae. Go figure :(

I'm still too afraid of crabs to get an emerald.. I'm more tempted to get the smallest foxface I can find and give him a home for 6 months to a year.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. :)
Emerald / mithrax crabs all the way for me, I love them. :)

I have too many 2" gobies that i'm afraid will be eaten at night. I'm afraid of emeralds lol.

Check out this one right o the bounce. The blue streaks coming in really make me wonder what this little guy is gonna do.

8a749b93-cbf5-42f6-aaf5-f7aec4007b24-original.jpg

And this is the other one. They may end up being the same.

26f4e8a5-6761-4e1d-9365-9efc858b543c-original.jpg

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! It's one of my nicer ones, got at RAP from Jesus corals. He has some nice acans if you're looking.

The only phone I've seen capable of taking good pictures is the Pixel. But man, not spending that kind of money on a phone.. But for convenience, I would love to pay for one of those instead of a DSLR.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! It's one of my nicer ones, got at RAP from Jesus corals. He has some nice acans if you're looking.

I actually am looking. I have a rock set for a small Acan island. It only has a two head specimen on it now. After Christmas I plan to fill it in.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!!!!!!

Mind blowing beautiful !!

That is truly impressive.

If CE does that and I'm on day 3 of starting...hoping thing improve over here too.

I have had an 6 cluster acan for two years and still the same size and quantity.

But then your selection of corals is at a different level.

Photos are great too!!

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @WallyB they've been coming along nicely. I think the CE have absolutely had an impact. I would heavily encourage you try them in your LPS tank, it may awaken things like it had in my zoas.

Based off my zoa reaction alone, I would be surprised if it's not been helping the other LPS in tank.

I actually am looking. I have a rock set for a small Acan island. It only has a two head specimen on it now. After Christmas I plan to fill it in.

Here's a better picture of the one I got from Jesus corals -- This picture is from late October -- This is the one that has sprouted 7 new heads, and had grown a large 4th head prior to those new 7 heads.

878784545454212121215451255154515IMG_0008.jpg

Very colorful, and extremely well priced. Remind me when you're ready and I'll see if I can hook you up with jesus.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll see if I can hook you up with jesus.

LOL, perhaps I will be “born again.” I picture you at an airport with a tambourine giving away frags.

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I don't have much room in the ole 10g frag tank.. BUT, a buddy has made me a small tank upgrade. I've got a 20x16x10" frag tank coming

What am I going to gain by this slight upgrade? +0.83 ft², or more impressively, an increase of 0.00002 acres.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back