OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frag tank upgrade. 20x16x10, 3/8" acrylic. I'm gaining just shy if a square foot of room!
e267eff7fda9dc9ceff3f8b34c4fbf54.jpg

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a Great Idea, to have a Extra Frag Tank. I assume Isolated...... like a Backup Frag Bank. Always Ready to Pull Favourite/Premium Frags out if something goes wrong on your other setup.

With that space, and the way you packed your other setup, you should be able to fit at least 80 Frags in there :)

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a Great Idea, to have a Extra Frag Tank. I assume Isolated...... like a Backup Frag Bank. Always Ready to Pull Favourite/Premium Frags out if something goes wrong on your other setup.

With that space, and the way you packed your other setup, you should be able to fit at least 80 Frags in there :)

I'm excited to replace the 10g tank lol. Although it's done me well, it's time to fit more frags!

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's already turned around for now! A few losses but it'll happen eventually -- my mistake for dosing stuff like I did. Created instability, sadly.

I only ever used a chemical once on a tank, chemiclean, for cyano, I killed a 6 inch lobo using it at half recommended dose.
No disrespect to anyone but maybe the chemical option is becoming a "quick fix" too much, anything that takes bacteria out (just my opinion) can't be fully selective unless it is a different bacteria, I might well be wrong but we are talking about playing with the core of a system!?

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I only ever used a chemical once on a tank, chemiclean, for cyano, I killed a 6 inch lobo using it at half recommended dose.
No disrespect to anyone but maybe the chemical option is becoming a "quick fix" too much, anything that takes bacteria out (just my opinion) can't be fully selective unless it is a different bacteria, I might well be wrong but we are talking about playing with the core of a system!?
We are the same on this.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Agreed as well. Chemiclean does not make sense to me. I know people use it and it works for them, but seems dangerous.

Nothing good happens quickly...lol

Exactly.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 178 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back