Trident FAQ (official)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Krazie4Acans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Terence what happens if I lose/break the sample line holder? Will this affect the test?
The clip is not required is just handy. If it breaks you can find other ways to hold the tubing in the water. Try and keep the height of the end of the sample line at the same h height it started at or it could shift your readings from when it was last calibrated.

Juniorh2r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup yup. Although bare in mind there are things like Tropic Marine ALL-FOR-REEF that combines Alk/Calc/Mag and other elements. So depending on what dosing solution you use, you may not need 4 dose heads. It really just depends on your system.
I currently have 2 bubble magus dosers total of 7 pumps

Krazie4Acans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the replies unfortunately Theres always someone negative. And I can't wait to get it.
Question will you sale a container like the video that tells you when its full?
You can use any container you want for the waste. You tell fusion what size that container is and it will tell you when it's full. No need for a special waste container.

Krazie4Acans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the Trident can be configured to test water from more than one tank ( or will there be a model with multiple inputs in the future)?

Is the Trident capable of on-demand measurement or can it only measure according to the set schedule? It would be helpful for testing water from multiple tanks on one unit to have a “measure now” function.
You can run manual tests outside of the normal schedule.

You cannot test more than one tank on one Trident.

dcmartinpc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you saying you couldn’t take it out of one tank and into another to run a manual test?

That is correct. It would have to be primed multiple times to clear out the lines. Even then, it really isn’t possible. Trident does not expect outlier values. It simply was not designed for adhoc tests.

Don

Krazie4Acans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you saying you couldn’t take it out of one tank and into another to run a manual test?
That would change the height of the sample line which can effect accuracy. There may also be water from the first tank still left in the line that could effect your results as well.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is correct. It would have to be primed multiple times to clear out the lines. Even then, it really isn’t recommended. Trident does not expect outlier values.

Don
Doesn’t it clear the lines every test already? I assumed that would have to happen as to not test the water that’s in the lines from the previous test.

dante411x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question now how many apex dos would I need to run alk mag and cal I see theres two pumps on each so if I buy 2 that would be 4 pumps I would I have a left over one correct?
That’s right. If you’re wondering what to use the last one for, use it to top off your tank with fresh saltwater to account for the water the Trident is pulling out.

Hmm, hey Neptune, can I have some $$$ for this awesome marketing thing I just came up with? /s

Robert Scott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this was answered before. Large tank run primarily with calcium reactor supplemented with two part using DOS. The tweaking for Alk using dose is 80ml /day. If I were to use the Trident to control the DOS and my calcium reactor went down...would the Trident drive the DOS to a higher volume, say 300 to 400ml/day automatically, or would I have to go into the Tident set up and modify the expected dose?

Entz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Terence thank you for doing the quick live stream tonight. That answered a lot of the questions I had especially with regards to the maintenance (and what is known for now). I would suggest maybe linking that in the top here? 22 minutes +- is a bit easier to digest then the full one.

Fantastic tank btw.

Krazie4Acans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this was answered before. Large tank run primarily with calcium reactor supplemented with two part using DOS. The tweaking for Alk using dose is 80ml /day. If I were to use the Trident to control the DOS and my calcium reactor went down...would the Trident drive the DOS to a higher volume, say 300 to 400ml/day automatically, or would I have to go into the Tident set up and modify the expected dose?
It will increase the dosing to try and make up the difference as long as the amount stays within the control limits set ( upto +- 50% of normal dosage I believe). In your example it would increase dosing upto 120ml and then would be outside the control limits and would switch back to your 80ml scheduled dosing and turn off control until the alk was back within range.

Shinister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During calibration with the included reagent, midway through the test, the numbers displayed in fusion were the numbers from the bottle. But at the end of the test, it showed very high numbers for calcium and very low for magnesium. Since I only had one cal reagent, I decided to use my own water (tested with Salifert) for calibration. Again...midway through the test, it displayed the numbers I input. But at the end, it showed a calcium of -40ppm. Alk and mag are accurate now. Anyone else have this issue?

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does the trident work with calcium reactors to keep alk stable?

Just taking a guess and maybe someone can confirm the assumption.

With the readings that you will receive from the Trident (dKH), you can program your CO2 solenoid and/or the pump controlling the effluent to turn on/off when the dKH is +/- a certain level. That's all you would need to do I'd imagine.

Outside of the power for the pump and solenoid and the pH in the chamber, that's all you will have control over. Now would it be awesome to be able to fine tune the CO2 solenoid via Apex or adjust the flow of the Kamoer via the Apex.

Back