Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it seems to follow ph. I know logically it should. Once the lights turn on it rises and falls when they go off. I wonder if one could increase dosing during peak consumption and back off during night time to further increase stability. Will be interesting to see also if CaRx Stability Vs 2 Part dos stability

Last edited:

strike2867

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it seems to follow ph. Once the lights turn on it rises and falls when they go off. I wonder if one could increase dosing during peak consumption and back off during night time to further increase stability

I wonder whether the ocean is dead stable or has the same fluctuations.

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think .05 is beyond stable. Let alone the fact that this shows the precision of the Trident.

This is an ideal situation though as I am currently not home for a few days so there has been zero monkeying around in the tank. I think that most people will not see this if they are playing around in their tank, changing things, doing maintenance, etc. all of these things are often not considered as huge variables to that uptake. And are exacerbated the smaller the water volume.

For these reasons I would expect these nice clean and symmetric traces to be the exception, not the rule, for normal usage by the average aquarist.

dcmartinpc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think .05 is beyond stable. Let alone the fact that this shows the precision of the Trident.

This is an ideal situation though as I am currently not home for a few days so there has been zero monkeying around in the tank. I think that most people will not see this if they are playing around in their tank, changing things, doing maintenance, etc. all of these things are often not considered as huge variables to that uptake. And are exacerbated the smaller the water volume.

For these reasons I would expect these nice clean and symmetric traces to be the exception, not the rule, for normal usage by the average aquarist.

Terence,

I %100 agree. I am seriously encouraged by the smoothness of that curve. It says a lot about the Trident and the hard work Neptune has put in to making it the best product it can be.

Don

dcmartinpc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a good question!!
So much water volume that I would guess leads to stability but who knows.

A TRIDENT FOR THE OCEAN PLEASE T!

I mentioned the same thing a couple weeks ago. It would be really awesome to have a Trident running on several of the major reef systems around the world tracking their parameters :)

Don

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a waterfront house down in the FL keys I would be happy to run the trident off my dock ;)

You know Strictly for research purposes Lol

54CBA7C0-D5FE-457A-9664-11E63A04A4B9.jpeg

Last edited:

Zaffor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I mentioned the same thing a couple weeks ago. It would be really awesome to have a Trident running on several of the major reef systems around the world tracking their parameters :)

Don

Yes!!
And I would appreciate the GPS coordinates to the one in S Florida please.

Debacle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im curious to see how much a normal maintenance water change affects the KH and Ca

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im curious to see how much a normal maintenance water change affects the KH and Ca

There are two different things here affecting those numbers. One is the actual concentration of carbonate and other salts in the newly mixed water as in comparison to their ratios in the tank.

The second is the stress the water change (assuming a bolus type change) takes on the animals that interrupts their normal biological processes. This stress could be from the ratios mentioned above changing their “normal” or it could be the other things normally done during a water change such as sand stirring, intentional detritus kickup prior to draining off water, exposure to air of corals, etc.

dcmartinpc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are two different things here affecting those numbers. One is the actual concentration of carbonate and other salts in the newly mixed water as in comparison to their ratios in the tank.

The second is the stress the water change (assuming a bolus type change) takes on the animals that interrupts their normal biological processes. This stress could be from the ratios mentioned above changing their “normal” or it could be the other things normally done during a water change such as sand stirring, intentional detritus kickup prior to draining off water, exposure to air of corals, etc.

These 2 reasons are largely why I do nightly 2 gallon water changes on my reef and Coral QT with a pair of DOS. Over a period of several hours, in intervals, I drain 2G from my coral QT, move 2G from the main 400G system to Coral QT, and add 2G of fresh saltwater to the display. I’ve found this to keep things fairly stable.

Just don’t do like I did over the holidays and turn it all off because I didn’t have time to make new saltwater..... My corals let me know they did not support my choices....

Don

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see the NSI folks getting them. I already prepared my wife :) When these are finally released maybe my dino's will finally be gone and it will make sense to add more coral!

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terence I am impressed by your stability. With this and a test kit for nitrate and phosphate I’ll be very pleased with having a pulse on what’s going on in the reef.

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how does it work with the water sample? How do you only use 15ml but make sure you're not just getting water that has been sitting in the tube and isn't from the tank?

Brandon

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're most likely under NDA on operational specifics right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back