Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna be some happy R2R members this week! Chime in if you got the good news.

Yes indeed! Thank you and also to Russ and everyone at Neptune. Looking forward to installing and testing it on an RSR 450 mixed reef. (There's a place reserved for it.) :)

lactose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep checking my email and was excited when I saw a Neptune email deep in my spam folder but it was a customer experience survey (which I responded to right away of course)

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a newer Neptune user I think it would be a really smart move to let someone with 10+ reefing years but only a few months of controller experience have at go at this Trident. I promise to order a DOS and DDR and more Neptune gear as soon as I get the email confirming Im in the "TRIDENT EXPERIENCE"! pinky promise too.....

HAHAHA, If not Ill be ordering as soon as they are available and all y'all with the early access better be ready for some questions!

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a newer Neptune user I think it would be a really smart move to let someone with 10+ reefing years but only a few months of controller experience have at go at this Trident. I promise to order a DOS and DDR and more Neptune gear as soon as I get the email confirming Im in the "TRIDENT EXPERIENCE"! pinky promise too.....

HAHAHA, If not Ill be ordering as soon as they are available and all y'all with the early access better be ready for some questions!

Or.....someone like me who has 25+ years experience AND has used Neptune products since the Aquacontroller III, AND already has a DOS and DDR. :cool:

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious - how many of you knew you were "new" NSI testers before you received the Trident email? That whole NSI application thing was frustrating as it didn't even work at first, then when it did work, most of us submitted very pared down versions of our original application, and finally - radio silence after that.

Krazie4Acans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious - how many of you knew you were "new" NSI testers before you received the Trident email? That whole NSI application thing was frustrating as it didn't even work at first, then when it did work, most of us submitted very pared down versions of our original application, and finally - radio silence after that.
There is a pretty large group of people j the NSI team and you don't get selected for all of the products or updates. They select based on a lot of criteria like what apex gear you already have, types or systems you have etc. Don't be discouraged if you don't get selected for something because you might just get selected for the next thing and some of the others will be the ones in the side lines.

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a pretty large group of people j the NSI team and you don't get selected for all of the products or updates. They select based on a lot of criteria like what apex gear you already have, types or systems you have etc. Don't be discouraged if you don't get selected for something because you might just get selected for the next thing and some of the others will be the ones in the side lines.
Well my question was more around if you knew your NSI application from last year was accepted prior to receiving the Trident acceptance email

Krazie4Acans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my question was more around if you knew your NSI application from last year was accepted prior to receiving the Trident acceptance email
I knew because I had been included in another NSI project prior to trident. I'm not sure you would know any other way than to receive an invitation to participate in one of the tests.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guess if they open again and I see availability, I'll give it a shot to see if NSI is in my future. Would be awesome to compare the readings I get from my Alkatronic for dKH. Maybe someone out there that is already an NSI invitee also has an Alkatronic and can one day (when can) post a comparison of the units.

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh i got a dos tooo....lol and my spam folder is as empty as my bank roll....

Oh oh oh pick me...oh oh pick me....lol
What might not help me is I don't think I had my DOS when I filled out the NSI application. I don't know if that is a criteria though.

vhuang168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way NSI applications work is that you send in your application, and it gets put in a database. When a project comes up, they look through that database and select from it.

dcmartinpc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is a sacrifice all it takes?!?

In that case!!!

6dfbd1337d7b506dcf4cd356b8efa6bf.jpg

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assuming current NSI testers can’t say much about the unit itself due to NDA but can anyone chime in on how the daily consumption fluctuates throughout the day? I know @Terence mentioned that consumption isn’t linear. It would also be interesting to see if the Trends are similar across different tanks or do they all follow the same pattern

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the last few days. I changed my reactor a bit on both pH and flow rate to get a slow rise up. You can see the rise and the intra-daily fluctuation - and of course addition from the CaRx is static so this is indicative of consumption change and ramp up and ramp down slightly delayed from the light cycle.

d69273e210ffce1605afa481906ccc42.jpg

Zaffor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is the last few days. I changed my reactor a bit on both pH and flow rate to get a slow rise up. You can see the rise and the intra-daily fluctuation - and of course addition from the CaRx is static so this is indicative of consumption change and ramp up and ramp down slightly delayed from the light cycle.

d69273e210ffce1605afa481906ccc42.jpg

T that looks like a .05 Dkh swing?
Thats not too crazy
Thanks for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 49 44.1%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 38 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back