Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone else is doing it. I’ll be a lemming and join the others.

It’s pretty sweet. Will post more once I have a larger collection of data.

oF9r1mV.jpg
Love the orange and grey plumbing! 1. Whats in the reactor/ canisters hanging above the skimmer? 2. What brand is the sump and doser containers are those?

boltzfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where would I go to sign up for trial stuff like the Trident? NOt sure if more rounds will proceed, but would love the chance if possible.

boltzfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where would I go to sign up for trial stuff like the Trident? NOt sure if more rounds will proceed, but would love the chance if possible.

vhuang168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NSI applications are currently closed. But keep an eye out for announcements when it does open up again.

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saturday evening my Trident Alkalinity began dropping like a rock after days of a nice steady pattern. I narrowed it down to the peristaltic tubing on the DOS I am using as a test for feeding my calcium reactor. It was failing to push out even 50% the necessary water. No surprise, it had about 1600 hours on it! So, yesterday I changed out the head cap and did a 16% water change with 10dKh new fresh saltwater. Here is the graph that tells the story.

This is why the Trident is so awesome. And for those who want to say (have said) "Hey, you don't need to measure Calcium so frequently, you can just test manually once a week and sync your dosing to your alkalinity consumption" - What if this was my calcium dosing pump? Sure, both with Alkalinity and Calcium one would find this problem at the next infrequent test. But then you would fix the problem and have to do numerous retests to bring the tank back into stasis and then it would take the tank days to get back into full rhythm. If you can test all three with regularity, why wouldn't you want to?

50973645_10218169385172032_5647541888664731648_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Saturday evening my Trident Alkalinity began dropping like a rock after days of a nice steady pattern. I narrowed it down to the peristaltic tubing on the DOS I am using as a test for feeding my calcium reactor. It was failing to push out even 50% the necessary water. No surprise, it had about 1600 hours on it! So, yesterday I changed out the head cap and did a 16% water change with 10dKh new fresh saltwater. Here is the graph that tells the story.

This is why the Trident is so awesome. And for those who want to say (have said) "Hey, you don't need to measure Calcium so frequently, you can just test manually once a week and sync your dosing to your alkalinity consumption" - What if this was my calcium dosing pump? Sure, both with Alkalinity and Calcium one would find this problem at the next infrequent test. But then you would fix the problem and have to do numerous retests to bring the tank back into stasis and then it would take the tank days to get back into full rhythm. If you can test all three with regularity, why wouldn't you want to?

Very nice! That would have probably saved some SPS in my tank a couple of times over the years. I get complacent over time when everything tests good for a while. When something malfunctions I sometimes don't catch it until things start going downhill. Then it is often too late.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if I missed it in the huge thread, but any video of it running a test? I'm curious how much noise it makes.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I updated your post to fix the issue.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very awesome to see this in the hands of the NSI team! Maybe it is time for me to jump over to the apex EL in preparation!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can’t wait to get my hands on one!!

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

To all those that laughed at people (me) testing alk daily, it's exactly for this reason. These events can't be predicted and only daily testing will catch them before serious harm is done. Can't wait for the Trident to do it for me!

Last edited:

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone 3D printing a stand by chance? Maybe one that has a waist reservoir Under it large enough for one “round” of reagents. This way you empty it when you change reagents. Wonder if @Terence can shed some light on how much one complet set (the one month) of bottles produces in waste.

If a waist container can’t be 3D printed an acrylic box could Easly be built to slide under the raised stand

Last edited:

joe berkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That souds great terrance. I bought my apex in antisapation of the trident. Cant wait.

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Literally waiting for the trident before I set up a reef tank again. Got an Apex still new in the box waiting on the shelf.
Don't wait on the Trident, set that thing up!!! The Trident would have little effect on a new tank, anyway. It's after you've achieved stability and you start adding corals that you'll need the Trident.

Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 120 43.2%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 133 47.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 2.9%
Back