Trident issues

brissey02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m less than 6 months into owning my trident and apex, and am unfortunately experiencing issues with the trident. I had to temporarily take the trident out of commission, and followed shut down procedures prior to doing so.

when i was finally able to power it back up, the status light on the front was very dim, almost non existent. It still changed colors at this point. I kept getting a “no water sample” error. Fair enough, found the blockage by dissembling the trident and pushing hot water through. Prior to finding the blockage, the test vial was not filling.

now, I have no status light at all (but I can hear it running, and I’m watching water drain from it, and water fill into the vial) and I’m still getting an “no water sample” error. When the status light does come on, it is very dim, and is only light blue.

i’m waiting for an appointment with support, but I figured I’d ask and see if anyone had any similar experiences, and if anyone had any ideas on going about fixing it.

the trident is getting really hot when powered on.

6F07A964-64C4-41D4-BE9B-F0634D59A4E1.jpeg 8BE59A3B-0E79-4924-90E2-32EE67A90CA1.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the "no water sample" error when I first got my Trident about 4 months back, and it ended up being a loose connection with the camera that probably happened when the unit was shipped. Neptune was able to walk me though a partial disassembly, and whatever we did in the course of this seemed to resolve the issue. I'd suggest using Neptune's support form to set something up - they've been excellent about booking a phone followup within 24 hours.

OP
OP
brissey02

brissey02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the "no water sample" error when I first got my Trident about 4 months back, and it ended up being a loose connection with the camera that probably happened when the unit was shipped. Neptune was able to walk me though a partial disassembly, and whatever we did in the course of this seemed to resolve the issue. I'd suggest using Neptune's support form to set something up - they've been excellent about booking a phone followup within 24 hours.
I’ve contacted them.. unfortunately with my work schedule, they open after I go to work, and close before I get off.

At first I thought maybe something had gotten knocked loose, but thinking on it, no one has touched it other than me just plugging it back in, up until yesterday when I went to try to fix the blockage

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To disassemble you take the case off by unscrewing the 4 rubber feet on the bottom. Then you just have to pull it out on the sides and life off. That dark clear plastic slides down revealing the sample chamber. You could try resetting the sample/waste in Fusion, then priming the sample again as well, then running one or more tests and watch the sample chamber to see if it's filling. Fusion also lets you restart the Trident (not sure if you've already tried that). I'm guessing that the Trident is draining properly into the waste container and there isn't anything leaking from it?

OP
OP
brissey02

brissey02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No leaking.. water is coming into and draining from it properly.. I’ve tried resetting the trident, I’ve taken it apart and made sure everything was securely connected. I’ve tried priming the sample lines but it usually ends in the same error code

Yazannreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Check this out and let us know if that fixed it

OP
OP
brissey02

brissey02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check this out and let us know if that fixed it

Unfortunately, at this point, while I’ve fixed the blocked line, and ensured there were no disconnected lines, the trident will no longer power on at all, with a “volts” error message displayed.

last night upon attempting to power on, the light with the apex symbol was very dim, or non existent.. it sounded odd, and was overheating. I unplugged it, and left it overnight. I came home tonight to try again, and it simply won’t power up at all. It’s completely dead.

I’m super frustrated, it’s not even 6 months old

OP
OP
brissey02

brissey02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, at this point, while I’ve fixed the blocked line, and ensured there were no disconnected lines, the trident will no longer power on at all, with a “volts” error message displayed.

last night upon attempting to power on, the light with the apex symbol was very dim, or non existent.. it sounded odd, and was overheating. I unplugged it, and left it overnight. I came home tonight to try again, and it simply won’t power up at all. It’s completely dead.

I’m super frustrated, it’s not even 6 months old
To add- upon taking it apart yet again, it has a burnt smell to it.. smells electrical. I can’t spot anything melted/burnt right off the bat though.

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To add- upon taking it apart yet again, it has a burnt smell to it.. smells electrical. I can’t spot anything melted/burnt right off the bat though.
That is never a good sign! I’d recommend leaving it unplugged until you speak with support. A broken Trident is an inconvenience. An electrical fire can be a disaster.

RickG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any update on this?? going through the same thing

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back