Triton availability

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi sorry if this is an old thread, but I'm starting up a new tank and in the next month would like to start the Triton method, but once again I see it is out of stock everywhere.

This seems to be a constant problem and I keep seeing the statement that the supply problems have been worked out. Have they? Hard to support a company that can't support you.

Should I try a different route?
No the issues have not been solved. And in fact they’re worse than just not being able to get the core 7. I’ve been waiting 2 1/2 weeks to get a ICP test back and now no one is responding to email or the phone line.
I will also be switching once I am out of core 7

Tim2@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @redpine42 I have currently throttled back sales of Core7 in 1000ml sets as we get ready to switch to the powdered format. I am sitting on several pallets worth at present. The leaking container issue has lingered, and rather than continue to send out cartons with a higher than acceptable failure rate, we have decided to let those containers age out of circulation and change over to the powdered containers. The eta for the new containers is just over 3 weeks time, so by the time you are ready to begin dosing your tank for Alk, Cal and Mag, the new format will be in the market.

Tim2@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the issues have not been solved. And in fact they’re worse than just not being able to get the core 7. I’ve been waiting 2 1/2 weeks to get a ICP test back and now no one is responding to email or the phone line.
I will also be switching once I am out of core 7

can you forward me the email? I have not heard about this

UNCFAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @redpine42 I have currently throttled back sales of Core7 in 1000ml sets as we get ready to switch to the powdered format. I am sitting on several pallets worth at present. The leaking container issue has lingered, and rather than continue to send out cartons with a higher than acceptable failure rate, we have decided to let those containers age out of circulation and change over to the powdered containers. The eta for the new containers is just over 3 weeks time, so by the time you are ready to begin dosing your tank for Alk, Cal and Mag, the new format will be in the market.
That would be great news - which of the bottles is the alk 1 or 2?

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watched Dan's reef comparing the tests for ATI, Triton and AquaForest. First thoughts are ATI produces the better test, but all three vary wildly in measurements of the same elements from the same tank at the same time. So now the question is are any of these methods accurate?

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to start out with saying that the Triton method seems to be one of the best systems available. I am looking forward to see the process the company make in the future.
I know yall are working on making it more available to everyone. With that being said is there anything that we can look forward to as a process place in the US
If this was discussed somewhere else I'm sorry for repeating questions. I am looking forward to starting Triton as soon as my tank is done cycling
I haven't had any trouble getting the elements from Unique Corals in the past three years.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking forward too the new triton N-doc test for nutrients ... any news on when it will be available in Europe ??

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope to start up my 180 gallon Triton based tank shortly, but now am rethinking it.

The worst part about this is the lack of communication from Triton. No explanation of why and a reasonable time line is all we ask.

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope to start up my 180 gallon Triton based tank shortly, but now am rethinking it.

The worst part about this is the lack of communication from Triton. No explanation of why and a reasonable time line is all we ask.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would read some of the previous posts in this thread from tim@triton I believe he’s answered almost all questions so far !!

Tim2@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jason mack there is not yet a timeline on the N-DOC in Europe.

@JMetaxas I'm right here if you have some questions. I check this forum twice a day to tackle questions. If you are looking to start up your 180, the powder format will be available and in retailer's hands before your tank is cycled and long before your tank is ready to dose.

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So will the powder be mixed as dilution or concentrate? One of the things I like about ATI, is it's a dilution which makes it more resilient to dosing errors. A little confused to about the discussion above, will all 4 bottles now be replaced by powder?

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

But the question is can you keep suppliers shelves stocked? "Several pallets worth", is an empty statement. How have you scaled your production to meet demand? If you haven't then shortages will continue.

Shameless_Dood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am by no means a Triton hater, but the supply issues are frustrating. According to my doser I've got 19 days left of core 7 (give or take). So I'm likely going to be bone dry by the time anyone here in the US has a set they can send. Hopefully I can jump on it as soon they show in stock and before they sell out. Anyone know of someone that has some in stock here in the US? or hell I'd buy 250 ml or so off someone! :)

@Tim2@Triton just want to make sure I am reading something right. Are there plans to address the cardboard carton issues across the board due to the failure rate? While I haven't been on the receiving end of a leaky carton, I did tip over a Potassium yesterday on my shelf. Since there is no way to seal it, it started to empty. I was right there but had I not noticed, I would have lost over half that bottle.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 101 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back