Tube Anemone Show-Off Thread

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to see pics of other Tube Anemones!! (Cerianthids)
DSC_0047.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
ReeferRob

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want one were do you get them???

Hit up you LFS, there normally on all the weekly lists right around $40 depending on who the retailer is and size.
By far the coolest coral in the tank, and most entertaining to watch feed. I gotta get a video up here soon.

ReeferBill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, how did you get such amazing colors on those night pics. Do they really bioluminate?

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet pictures, sorry I have no pictures to add.

OP
OP
ReeferRob

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got one...
IMG_8165.jpg

Awesome Peter and you remembered to update this thread!! Do you love it or what? It's the best when you feed cyclopeeze or similar. Each individual tentacle grabs food and shoves it in its mouth. Kinda creepy to handle too huh?

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome Peter and you remembered to update this thread!! Do you love it or what? It's the best when you feed cyclopeeze or similar. Each individual tentacle grabs food and shoves it in its mouth. Kinda creepy to handle too huh?

You know, it's funny. When I first got into this hobby...even before I had my first tank, I remember being totally amazed by a display tank at a LFS that had both pink and purple tube anemones. I just thought they were the coolest things ever... yet I never ended up owning one. So I finally just said screw it, I'll remove whatever I have to to make room :bigsmile:

Any idea if you can have multiples touching? I'd love to get a purple version right next to it.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back