OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little guy... Halichoeres iridis! Made a few laps around the tank, then went for the sand. This guy is already eating frozen at the LFS so hopefully with the pods, brine shrimp and the iridis, the leopards will figure out what to do. I got faith in the LRS tho, that stuff is hard for any fish to resist.

20180905_135028.jpg
20180905_135036.jpg

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grab some cheato out of the fuge and pop it in the qt, give them something to explore and graze on. ;)
Sorry about the doa, love my little black peacock, always hunting, nice additions.

That's a good idea. I have a bio filter sponge in the power filter for pods to populate, but the chaeto will be nice to have as well.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, forgot to post this... getting close to pirate legend on Sea of Thieves. It's occupying my spare time now that the tank is on cruise control. Yay, I get to watch it grow instead of fight it!

Alk is locked in at 8.2. I originally set out for 8.0, but it's really close and if it wants to sit there I'm not going to fight it. It's stable at a 4ml a day dose of calcium chloride and soda ash. I'm going to back off to only weekly or maybe biweekly testing of alk and probably monthly Ca and Mg now that things are stable.

Screenshot_20180905-173836_Aquarimate.jpg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, forgot to post this... getting close to pirate legend on Sea of Thieves. It's occupying my spare time now that the tank is on cruise control. Yay, I get to watch it grow instead of fight it!
Haven't played since the Meg update. I got so frustrated that I couldn't even get a chance to do it that I stopped playing. Even when I could get a group of 4 to work with, we could never find another group to give it a go.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't played since the Meg update. I got so frustrated that I couldn't even get a chance to do it that I stopped playing. Even when I could get a group of 4 to work with, we could never find another group to give it a go.
They've changed so much... so many people complained about that requirement and the gun powder skeletons needing another crew, that they now have alliances.

Put up an alliance flag and if someone else near wants to join they can go up to crows nest and hit accept. You get half gold and xp for anything they turn in... and people are WAY more willing to help out with commendations than they were before.

It changed the whole community in one patch. I've never seen anything like it. The game went from attack first and forget the questions, to let's see if they want an alliance.

Last edited:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The iridis is doing his job!!!

No, not pest control. Making the leopards feel safe. Sometimes it takes a bolder, but peaceful fish to entice the others out of hiding.

20180906_141815.jpg
20180906_141811.jpg
20180906_141810.jpg
Such beautiful fish!

How do you plan on keeping these guys fed?

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such beautiful fish!

How do you plan on keeping these guys fed?

Brine shrimp and pods for now. I'm going to try and get them on frozen. The radiant is already eating frozen. She(I think, really small so I'm guessing juvenile/female) ate a little bit this morning before the leopards came out. My idea was to add her to try and train the leopards. They are all the same size and all peaceful. So far, she's got them out of the sand. Next step is for them to see her eat. Still really shy today, but I added a tiny bit of LRS. Leopards hid, but not buried, when I opened the lid.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad news, death #2. Looked fine yesterday. Found it dead today. Just added 3rd batch of hatched baby brine shrimp and the bottle of tiger pods has already been added. Got another batch of brine going. The water was literally crawling until they all settled. Hopefully this last one makes it.

20180907_153257.jpg

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what happened? Was it a suicide because it will never be as pretty as a trachy?
No idea... these fish are horrible shippers. They stress out really bad and don't end up lasting very long. Im really hoping this last one makes it. It was out again today swimming around and pecking at the live rock and chaeto

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back