OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My little defect clown doesn't grow at all. He's a tough little guy despite his deformities. Sammy can just hang out in my tank until he gives up.

Clownfish are long lived (in captivity up to and sometimes past 20 years) and slow growers. I've seen one year old clowns and the biggest ones were 1" at best. I estimate Bonnie and Clyde to be between 4 and 5 years old, being as I've had them for a year and a half now, and they were pretty much full grown when I got them. I don't remember them being any smaller than they are now.

How long have you had your Sammy? Maybe he/she is not quite finished growing.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Clownfish are long lived (in captivity up to and sometimes past 20 years) and slow growers. I've seen one year old clowns and the biggest ones were 1" at best. I estimate Bonnie and Clyde to be between 4 and 5 years old, being as I've had them for a year and a half now, and they were pretty much full grown when I got them. I don't remember them being any smaller than they are now.

How long have you had your Sammy? Maybe he/she is not quite finished growing.
He was our 2nd fish. This size when we got him +2years. A friend has one in about the same state of defect and hers doesn't grow either. We speculate they are both an attempt at breeding a stubby. Same breeder.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, y'all ain't gonna believe this...

20181027_193927.jpg

Alright, so the piece of nori that I measured on the computer screen just happened to be at the exact resolution for an exact life size representation. Ahi,(it means flame in Maori) the Tomini tang is 3". I cant remember how big he was when I bought him, and I evidently deleted all my emails past July... so no looking that up. I'm gonna venture a guess and say he was around 2".

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My little defect clown doesn't grow at all. He's a tough little guy despite his deformities. Sammy can just hang out in my tank until he gives up.

I have a defect platinum, just shy of an inch, he also doesn't grow but has plenty off attitude! :)
This morning on his favourite fuzzy shroom. He has about 20 to choose from and is grumpy at me today because I took 3 to the shop yesterday! ;)

DSC08325 by sshipuk, on Flickr

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y'all y'all y'all... you wont believe this, but I have SPS actually growing. I know, it's crazy. I said growing not dying.

One week in the tank. Well, 8 days. First pic is freshly glued, hense the slime. Second pic I just took. Pay attention to the edge.

20181020_172416.jpg
20181028_192923.jpg

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is good to see. Same thing my rainbow monti did to it's frag. It had started encrusting on the plug and the frag died. Now it has covered the frag and plug over and has started on the rock :)

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tested alk for the first time since mid September... yea I know, hush. Its sitting at 10 right now. Likely because I quit testing after I lost the birds nest and the green stylo. Almost the purple stylo. Doser was only on 2ml/day so it didnt spike up real fast. I've got it unplugged now and I'll let alk fall a bit naturally and check on my usage. Shouldn't be too much just yet.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't get close because they'll swim off thinking I'm about to feed them... but they've been doing this the past few days. Yes, clyde is laying inside the trachy. The trachy doesn't seem to care anymore.

View attachment 20181031_162501.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 39 30.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.9%
Back