OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, that aquatic life 24” fixture is the exact one that is on my tank. BRS did a video with that fixture and an ai prime that gives settings and par numbers. You should check it out.
I still have a whole list of light videos to watch from them Haha. What's your stocking like? Coral wise?

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mid tank and up is all sps frags, several zoas and palys, a nice big Duncan that started around 7 heads and now has well over a hundred some acans a scoly and a nice octo. Everything was bought as frags and grown. A lot is still frags, takes patience.

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mid tank and up is all sps frags, several zoas and palys, a nice big Duncan that started around 7 heads and now has well over a hundred some acans a scoly and a nice octo. Everything was bought as frags and grown. A lot is still frags, takes patience.
That's my favorite though is watching the frags grow into a colony. What's your lighting settings on your hydra? And schedual? All look like.

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hydra runs @ 75% uv,rb,b,v 15% r,g 20%cw from 11am-4pm 2hr ramp up and down. One set of t-5 come on at 9am the other at 10am and go off 4pm and 5pm

Last edited:
OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hydra runs @ 75% uv,rb,b,v 15% r,g 20%cw from 11am-4pm 2hr ramp up and down. One set of t-5 come on at 9am the other at 10am and go off 4pm and 5pm
That some odd hours. You work nights? So I'm bad at math but that's only what 5 hours?

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have e you been running those percentages? Do you do the ramping up and down through out the day to stimulate "clouds" ?

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So then wouldn't 2 AI primes be better for that?

No, I said a pair of AI 26HD's, not one, two. Unless I typod really hard and that wasn't clear lol

If I wanted to use AI's I'd use two AI 52's. for me, and my needs.

For you T5 can be just fine. I was putting my own anecdotal experience in just to show how different needs can be.

Last edited:

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That some odd hours. You work nights? So I'm bad at math but that's only what 5 hours?
Yeah I work odd hrs. My hydra starts ramping up at 9am to the 75% where it stays for 5hrs and then ramps down for two hrs. T-5 run for about 8hrs a day I just stagger them coming on and off so it’s a more gradual light change.

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you been running that spectrum on your AI? Seen any good response as in colors fromthe coral?

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He uses an AI prime with it and still gets great numbers, but do I really need that high of a par that far down in my tank when they say most lps and softies prefer 50 to 75 par? With the AI prime and that hes getting about 150-120 all the way to the bottom on the same size tank as mine.
You don’t have to run your prime that high. I have lps and softies in the bottom of my tank and they’re fine, they will adjust to higher light just need to take it slow.

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t have to run your prime that high. I have lps and softies in the bottom of my tank and they’re fine, they will adjust to higher light just need to take it slow.
I may go that route then if I can use a AI prime. Cheaper and still same results. Get the blanket from T5s and spectrum from Ai

Jonathan Gamboa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys is there a huge difference in power between 1 hydra and 2 primes? have been looking at some used ones and found a hydra for 260 shipped. no mount. and have a guy locally selling 2 primes for 280. both are models are HD. Looking for a JBJ 30 RL

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back