Vermetid snail HOW to kill them help!

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The French will eat them lol all jokes aside I’ve heard bumble bee snails eat them
They may eat them. They're not like those nudibranchs that only eat aptaisia. I bought 10 bumble bees, 5 died and the other 5 haven't really made a dent. I may need a whole army, but at 3 or 4 bucks a pop for small snails, its and expensive trial.

TGamble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't get all the hate for vermetids. I have tons of them. They are just part of the fauna that grow naturally in our tanks. They don't bother my corals. Don't really bother anything. I like them because they collect particulates in the water column and keep the water clean.

If you really want to get rid of them, then you need to reduce the amount of particulates in the water column. That means feed less more often. Reduce broadcast feeding and just target feed. Run a filter sock. Just realize that other flora/fauna; sponges, bivalves, pods, etc, feed on those particulates as well.

These worms are just one part of a larger ecosystem, and taking steps to destroy them will inevitably impact the rest of the system.
I have some growing on the base of my giant 50+ head Duncan colony and the past week it has been covered in webbing from the snails and has been closed. Act on these before they kill your coral. Don’t let them be. They are called a pest for a reason

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have some growing on the base of my giant 50+ head Duncan colony and the past week it has been covered in webbing from the snails and has been closed. Act on these before they kill your coral. Don’t let them be. They are called a pest for a reason
Totally agree

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back