Vibrant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tombones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever try Vibrant also using the Triton system? I have bubble algae I would like to get rid of and I am tired of picking it out every few months.
Thanks

Nick30G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After watching the BRS video yesterday this should not be an issue.

Thats a great video to watch if you just started with vibrant. I just started vibrant a week ago to defeat my bubble algae and I am already starting to see some pieces of it turn white and float off like Ryan said.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had valonia but Vibrant took care of it for me! I used twice the normal dose due to my over run tank. Worked great.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’ve used it and works well!! Great on bubble algae and can be used with All dosing agents

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also had success at 2x directed frequency against bubble algae (also killed off the C. Serrulata, NOTHING touches that... color me impressed). Took an entire bottle worth of dosing (I think like 4 to 6 months) to get rid of everything in my 43 gallon system. I VERY slowly ramped up from 1x per week to 2x per week a couple months into dosing.

McGene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using Vibrant for about 6-8 weeks. I have a very bad case of green bubble algae and I let it go much too long before taking any action. I talked extensively with the makers/sellers of Vibrant and they cautioned me to take it slow.
Although some expect results in days (or even a few weeks) -- it does take time and it does work. I'm still dosing and have not yet completely eradicated my algae -- but, I feel confident it will work in the long run.
Even after the algae is gone, I intend to continue weekly dosing. Currently, I'm dosing 2x per week at the recommended rate of 1ml per 10 gallons.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dont overdose it. Possible to see negative side effects.

I realize that there is a reason for MFG dosing recommendations, but I'm curious what specific possible side affects are you referring to?

jurgenph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
vibrant works.

however, after my vibrant treatment, i was greeted by a massive cyano outbreak.
others have reported the same. so be prepared to deal with that :)

J.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
vibrant works.

however, after my vibrant treatment, i was greeted by a massive cyano outbreak.
others have reported the same. so be prepared to deal with that :)

J.

Good to know - thanks! Did you dose once, a few times, or regularly for a while? TIA.

Brandon Smith

AquaticArsenal.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand from watching the BRStv video, if you dose more then recommend trying to get results fast, then you could risk the algae you are killing releasing contaminants back into tour water column. That is most likely where these cases of cyanobacteria and stuff are actually coming from. Just my understanding is all.

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand from watching the BRStv video, if you dose more then recommend trying to get results fast, then you could risk the algae you are killing releasing contaminants back into tour water column. That is most likely where these cases of cyanobacteria and stuff are actually coming from. Just my understanding is all.
I dosed per the bottle recommendations and eventually got cyano 2 months or so in and I have not experienced that prior for years. it did help the bubble algae though.

Brandon Smith

AquaticArsenal.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dosed per the bottle recommendations and eventually got cyano 2 months or so in and I have not experienced that prior for years. it did help the bubble algae though.
That isn't good. I am interested in seeing the results that BRS has after they investigate it. They make so much stuff to "fix" issues in our tanks, make me think there has to be a simpler method lol

Kjames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same cyano here. It's a good reminder that there's still an imbalance in the tank to address. I'm trying really hard to resist changing more than one thing at a time.

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven't actually 'dealt' with cyano and opted to use a bandaid like chemiclean, don't be surprised when it makes a comeback when all the other algae it was competing with has died off. I didn't get ANY in my experience with Vibrant but that's because I was patient and dealt with the cyano properly the first time it reared it's ugly head.

jurgenph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven't actually 'dealt' with cyano and opted to use a bandaid like chemiclean, don't be surprised when it makes a comeback when all the other algae it was competing with has died off. I didn't get ANY in my experience with Vibrant but that's because I was patient and dealt with the cyano properly the first time it reared it's ugly head.

some people never had cyano in their tanks, or had to deal with it until they used vibrant.
i don't think anyone suggested chemiclean.

J.

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some people never had cyano in their tanks, or had to deal with it until they used vibrant.
i don't think anyone suggested chemiclean.

J.
And I would assume (could be wrong) that those were mostly still relatively young tanks (under a year and a half to two years old). Rest of my statement still holds true. Cyano will be present is in all systems, at one point or another (or always), whether you've seen it yet or not. It's a basic part of marine and freshwater ecology. Once its preexisting competition is removed, it will thrive unless/until you put more favorable competition in place.

Last edited:
Back