We caved... TSA bought a Jawdropper

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. You do not have to answer, I am not sure if it is rude to ask.. lol but, how much does a frag of jawdropper cost? I am not asking for purchasing, but just truly curious. Does it really look like that, or is that under blue lights that give it the blacklight look ?

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think that is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. You do not have to answer, I am not sure if it is rude to ask.. lol but, how much does a frag of jawdropper cost? I am not asking for purchasing, but just truly curious. Does it really look like that, or is that under blue lights that give it the blacklight look ?

Typically frags are anywhere between $1100 and $1500 just depending on size. As far as the photo we strive to make sure our mother colony shots are as close to seeing it in person as possible. Bubba our photographer takes pride in how accurate his shots are. This picture is under all blues and about 15% whites.

eraser2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Typically frags are anywhere between $1100 and $1500 just depending on size. As far as the photo we strive to make sure our mother colony shots are as close to seeing it in person as possible. Bubba our photographer takes pride in how accurate his shots are. This picture is under all blues and about 15% whites.
Nice coral
I saw that one in person when I visited them on July.
BTW still waiting a response from Steven

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man it is hard to believe there is coral like that in existence. Was it found in the ocean, collected, and then spread out to hobbyists, or did someone breed types of SPS corals together until they came up with that wacky thing?

Imagine trying to sleep knowing your 1500 dollar frag is not healthy.... oh man. TSA you are growing that bad dude freakin awesome. Keep updating, that will never get old

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Man it is hard to believe there is coral like that in existence. Was it found in the ocean, collected, and then spread out to hobbyists, or did someone breed types of SPS corals together until they came up with that wacky thing?

Imagine trying to sleep knowing your 1500 dollar frag is not healthy.... oh man. TSA you are growing that bad dude freakin awesome. Keep updating, that will never get old

There are a few times when we get something that truly amazes us. It is hard to believe that these crazy colors all exist in the ocean. Makes me wonder all the crazy stuff we haven't even discovered yet in the ocean.

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This was the last picture we took of the colony. It was a few months back though. We will have to get a new one to share with everyone.

52103583948_7bfca12093_b.jpg
looking great!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 114 81.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.3%
Back