What Do You Need 3d Designed & Printed (YouTube Channel)

Looking to have 2 of these made. They are spoolers that will go on a tubular motor that will raise and lower my lights. Steel cable will be connected to a 80/20 frame and be spooled on these.

Thanks in advance.

pics and stl file attached in attached zip file.
Sure, I'll print 2. You know it was me that designed these originally for @kenchilada
2F154457-C751-4503-89CE-708FD7EBD915.jpg
 
Sure, I'll print 2. You know it was me that designed these originally for @kenchilada
2F154457-C751-4503-89CE-708FD7EBD915.jpg
Ha! No, I didn’t. He mentioned it was someone on this forum but didn’t say who. That’s great. Really appreciate it. Just PM me and let me know what I owe you.
 
Where are you located. I have several of them... I'm sure having one less for a while won't hurt anything... especially if it helps others to get some as well. Thank you so much for your consideration.

How much for the mermaid
 
Following, I love 3D printing things, and Thingiverse is a go-to for me when it comes to models. Thanks for doing this!
 
Last night, I update the Nero 3 anemone guard with another design that does not require replacing the original front cover. I am going to do some test prints before making this available. It should fit like a glove but I guess I'll find out soon.
Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 9.39.49 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 9.43.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 9.54.10 AM.png
That's awesome! Looking forward to it =D
 
OK, will order them now. Thanks.
Didn’t connect the dots on the t nuts when they were mentioned but I have a bunch already that I am planning to use to mount my lights to the 80/20 frame I’m building.
On a side note I figured I would mention, my plan is to raise and lower my lights more than what @kenchilada did so not sure if the spoolers need to be wider to accommodate more cable.
 
Didn’t connect the dots on the t nuts when they were mentioned but I have a bunch already that I am planning to use to mount my lights to the 80/20 frame I’m building.
On a side note I figured I would mention, my plan is to raise and lower my lights more than what @kenchilada did so not sure if the spoolers need to be wider to accommodate more cable.
I did some quick math and each reel has roughly 58 inches of the cable holding capacity.
 
I did some quick math and each reel has roughly 58 inches of the cable holding capacity.
Thanks, that should be more than enough. I've got about a 30" drop. Print away !
 
It took 2 attempts but the print turned out perfect. The first attempt failed due to a power outage.
997DA35B-F00D-441D-9A0A-70DE389E5FE1.jpeg
Look awesome! Can't do much about a power outage. :( Thanks again.
 
Dang these things take forever to make but I just posted the first video on the creation of the Nero 3 anemone guard. Please check it out and leave a comment.


I also just published the iSeaLive.com website if anyone would like to purchase a professionally printed version of the guard. They are a little expensive but that's the nature of 3d printing on demand. Thanks
 
Dang these things take forever to make but I just posted the first video on the creation of the Nero 3 anemone guard. Please check it out and leave a comment.


I also just published the iSeaLive.com website if anyone would like to purchase a professionally printed version of the guard. They are a little expensive but that's the nature of 3d printing on demand. Thanks

Nice video! Looks pretty cool seeing it on the pump =D
 
Would it be possible to design a magnet cleaner that would match the profile of my acrylic aquarium? i am so hesitant to use anything on it. its a new set up and has a film from the sand when filled with water. i have cleaned what i can reach using a novice polish mate knowing it would not scratch. i really would much rather have a cleaner on a handle that would allow me to reach the bottom using a polish mate. its a slightly over 36 tall. thanks for any help
 
Would it be possible to design a magnet cleaner that would match the profile of my acrylic aquarium? i am so hesitant to use anything on it. its a new set up and has a film from the sand when filled with water. i have cleaned what i can reach using a novice polish mate knowing it would not scratch. i really would much rather have a cleaner on a handle that would allow me to reach the bottom using a polish mate. its a slightly over 36 tall. thanks for any help
That is going to be tough because no matter how hard you try not to scratch the acrylic it will happen.

I am not totally understanding what your asking for here a magnet cleaner, handle, or both/combo. My bet is that I am not going to be able to make something that is better than what already exists.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new