What Do You Need 3d Designed & Printed (YouTube Channel)

Dpatron77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have always wanted a part that would allow easy placement of the optical eye back in the same place it was. Currently running the jbj optical. Though many of the sensors look to be similar. Maybe just a hang on the rim with some kind of adjustable stick and a holder. This way when the maintenance is done it's a no brainer getting the water level accurate and repeatable. Might sound silly but anything to make life easy right.

PXL_20210905_180510723.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ocponpoacher, you have an amazing ability!
I have a new 3D printer at home but am anxiously waiting to get out of hospital to assemble it. Obviously as a newbie I can't design the fish I want.
Would you be able to modify/ design this puffer fish so it is a water spout for my grandson? I don't know how big this model is but the fish would need to big enough so the mouth could fairly gently flow a return pump via a 19mm connection printed in the fish or screwed in it's belly. The fish could be maybe between 100 to 200 mm long? Even enlarging, widening the mouth somewhat is fine to get gentle flow. Do vyou think this is doable?
The system won't let me attach the file but heres a link https://free3d.com/3d-model/puffer-fish-v1--451445.html.
Puffer.jpg
19mm Tail 15mm BSP connector.jpg
That’s an interesting idea. Anything is doable. Can you draw me a picture of what you envision? I don’t think it will be to hard but I’m not totally sure what your looking for.

cobast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s an interesting idea. Anything is doable. Can you draw me a picture of what you envision? I don’t think it will be to hard but I’m not totally sure what your looking for.
Cheers ocpondpoacher!
I essentially would like the Puffer about 150mm long which would allow for the 19mm irrigation barb sticking out of his stomach. Water returns through the barb,through the fish and out his mouth. The current mouth is pretty dodgie. Feel free to play with the mouth to make it bigger so water flows out rather than shoots out. Yeah, I'll also regulate the flow. The mouth design isn't that important. Cool if you can still have it looking like a fish mouth but if it's just an outlet tube, that's fine too. Here's a couple of concept pics.
I'm setting up a complete water mixing station and this will be the refill return outlet. It will sit above the tank edge on a support tube and water will flow over the edge through the tank net cover.
Thanks for any help!!! Puffer with barb.jpg Puffer with mouth.jpg

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have always wanted a part that would allow easy placement of the optical eye back in the same place it was. Currently running the jbj optical. Though many of the sensors look to be similar. Maybe just a hang on the rim with some kind of adjustable stick and a holder. This way when the maintenance is done it's a no brainer getting the water level accurate and repeatable. Might sound silly but anything to make life easy right.

PXL_20210905_180510723.jpg
This should not be too hard. What would be the distance range from the top rim of the tank to the center of the sensor? (in Milimenters if possible)

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheers ocpondpoacher!
I essentially would like the Puffer about 150mm long which would allow for the 19mm irrigation barb sticking out of his stomach. Water returns through the barb,through the fish and out his mouth. The current mouth is pretty dodgie. Feel free to play with the mouth to make it bigger so water flows out rather than shoots out. Yeah, I'll also regulate the flow. The mouth design isn't that important. Cool if you can still have it looking like a fish mouth but if it's just an outlet tube, that's fine too. Here's a couple of concept pics.
I'm setting up a complete water mixing station and this will be the refill return outlet. It will sit above the tank edge on a support tube and water will flow over the edge through the tank net cover.
This is very interesting. I am wondering what the final model will look like. I don't think this will be hard. I'll take a crack at it the next few weeks when I find some spare time.

Dpatron77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This should not be too hard. What would be the distance range from the top rim of the tank to the center of the sensor? (in Milimenters if possible)
I am at
Mine sits 4.5" 114mm down from the rim. If it went from like 3"-6" 70mm-150mm it would work for me and also hit most a.i.o. filter chamber needs of others that would be interested

20210918_095501.jpg 20210918_095710.jpg 20210918_095729.jpg

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheers ocpondpoacher!
Here you go... I am not 100% sure the threads a correct. I used 1/2 inch BSPT which is about 20mm wide at the thickest so close to 19mm.
Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 10.47.30 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 10.49.31 PM.png

Thingiverse Download:

cobast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go... I am not 100% sure the threads a correct. I used 1/2 inch BSPT which is about 20mm wide at the thickest so close to 19mm.
Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 10.47.30 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 10.49.31 PM.png

Thingiverse Download:

Ocpondpoacher, that looks amazing and yes , that's the correct thread.
Love your work and thanks for doing this for me. When I get home and set up my V2 I'll post some pics.

Zerodameaon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you asked to see the Nero 3 Nem Guard over on Reddit once I had it in the tank. Here it is, though this is the paid version from your website, I also printed the free one on Thingiverse.

Which one would you suggest, I mainly got the paid one to tip you then decided to give it a try instead.
20211112_132344.jpg

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you asked to see the Nero 3 Nem Guard over on Reddit once I had it in the tank. Here it is, though this is the paid version from your website, I also printed the free one on Thingiverse.

Which one would you suggest, I mainly got the paid one to tip you then decided to give it a try instead.
20211112_132344.jpg
That thing looks awesome. How’s it working for you so far ?

Zerodameaon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That thing looks awesome. How’s it working for you so far ?
It is working great so far at keeping snails out, thankfully I have not had my nem test it. My nem has stayed right where I put it thankfully.

Also this purple ABS glows under the blue lights when you put on blue light blocking glasses, it gives it a real "coralline" look

OP
OP
ocpondpoacher

ocpondpoacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is working great so far at keeping snails out, thankfully I have not had my nem test it. My nem has stayed right where I put it thankfully.

Also this purple ABS glows under the blue lights when you put on blue light blocking glasses, it gives it a real "coralline" look
That awesome. I didn't know that it glowed. I am running the black PETG guards in my tanks.

Back