What is your dream captive-bred fish?

jlee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see the yasha goby. I won't buy any wild-caught fish and this is the one I most want to own. So beautiful!

ultraArcite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cv111

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lawmower blennies that are well conditioned to eat GHA and nori with regularity lol. And firefish. Regular, purple, exquisite, Helfrichi, etc. Very popular/common fish and I would love to see them no longer brought in from the wild. Also fire shrimp would be cool. I still feel guilty getting mine from the wild :(

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone mention a Moorish Idol?

Cv111

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firefish are on every company's list at the moment so it was definitely a good suggestion! They have proven to be incredibly difficult and elusive to breed with so many people getting so close. I think over the next few years one of the major breeding companies will have success with firefish and it will provide a major breakthrough.
This makes me so happy to hear! They're so common. Like maybe next to clowns they'd be the biggest thing in captive breeding.

L Sean Hubbard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to echo those asking for eels (especially golden dwarf morays) and moorish idols.

I'd also love to see harlequin shrimp who could be sustained on food other than starfish . . . or if some kind of processed, readily available food could be made available that would make keeping them easier.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2895FC5C00000578-3078148-image-m-117_1431437416955.jpg

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here at Biota we've had success in every major family of marine ornamental fishes and I was wondering what species you want to see captive-bred next? Maybe we can make that dream a reality!

For attention, below is a video of our first ever captive-bred red coris wrasse at 49dph which was a really fun one.

Multibar angel

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for new species, definitely the moorish idol, and perhaps the skunk tilefish? Flame angelfish, Potters Angelfish, and Black cap basslets would also be nice additions.

One of the biggest things I'd like to see is more regular availability of various species already bred. Certain fish I'd snap up in a heartbeat, but I haven't seen them listed as available in quite a while or ever. I'd love a chance to grab a multibar angel, a hawaiian cleaner wrasse, and a yellow coris wrasse. I'm waiting for those potter's angels you mentioned earlier to be available as well.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back