What would you do with this???????

BluegrassReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you had a 4ft 120 sitting around and you already have your reef tank. what would you do with the 120? I am looking for Ideas for later. I DO NOT want another reef. a few ideas were:

Eel tank
a macro algea display tank plumbed to the 90
mantis tank

just looking for ideas so what would you do?

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seahorse pipefish? or there's a guy with a cuttlefish farm i beleive its also a 120 looks sweet but an eel garden would be really cool too like of those eels that stick in the ground and look like little trees

OP
OP
BluegrassReef

BluegrassReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seahorse pipefish? or there's a guy with a cuttlefish farm i beleive its also a 120 looks sweet but an eel garden would be really cool too like of those eels that stick in the ground and look like little trees

I do not know enough about them to keep them...from what I have read they are a pain... but I would love to have them

OP
OP
BluegrassReef

BluegrassReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay i can see that LOL what about a fresh water planted? or a cichlid tank

that is a possibility...my brother in law has cichlids. certainly less matinence(sp?) maybe I could combine the two cichlids and planted...hummm you maybe on to something. have to put that on the list. I still like the Eel tank too.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eel tank would be sweet but a cichlid tank is much easier and u dont need a sump or anything or skimmer, and you can def do both planted and cichlid my dad has a tank like that its pretty sweet there colors are awsome

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rays and sharks!!!!! but thats probably too small. 2nd choice you could always to a cold water tank!!!!

OP
OP
BluegrassReef

BluegrassReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to do some reading on how to do a planted tank...got any pics of your dad's tank? sounds nice.

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would plumb the two tanks together to eliminate need for an additional skimmer,sump, ect cichlids are MESSY i had a tank the the brand new filter was disgusting in two days cleaning the tank made me sick but hey JMO

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont right now but i will try and get him to snap some tmrw i live with my fiance about 30 mins from his house, but ill try and get him to email me some tmrw

OP
OP
BluegrassReef

BluegrassReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would plumb the two tanks together to eliminate need for an additional skimmer,sump, ect cichlids are MESSY i had a tank the the brand new filter was disgusting in two days cleaning the tank made me sick but hey JMO

as it stands right now i am gonna have to build a stand for the 90 because there is no way all the equipment will fit so I had thought of building a stand big enough for both tanks to sit on side by side.

maroonytunes

Reefing Without Coral
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna have to crash the party, please do not buy a shark or ray unless your absolutely sure you will be upgrading to a 300+ gallon aquarium. For the best of the fish make sure you are aware of what your getting into.

You could do a school of tangs and chromis.

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that would be such a sweet stand what would be great is if you took off the black plastic frame and put the tanks so close that they touched it would resemble a seamless wall

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.9%
Back