Why do some people charge so much for corals?

  • Thread starter Thread starter butts182
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Well if you pay more for ultra nice stuff and pass along the cost, it seems the ones making the best profit on those pieces are your vendors. And as for 125,000.00, I would like to see your setup. So with almost 2800 in shop bills every month do you have a cot in the back lol ? Oh yea don't forget monthly advertising/member fees.

P.S You've got some amazing stuff on Ebay right now !!!
 
Last edited:
Trust me, I only wish we could get in only ultra nice coral. But, unfortunately thats not the way it works. You will see vendors only post the insane coral but what most people dont know is that the vendor had to purchase 10 crappy pieces for that one nice coral. Believe me, when many of the vendors say limited edition many times its very true. here only only so many ultra grade coral that get harvested from the ocean. Again, for every 10 coral harvested there is one ultra grade coral that comes from it.

I knew I was forgetting something! I will not disclose the amount we pay for advertising for each site but we sponsor 8 sites for a total of 855.00 per month.
 
As for seeing the shop, here it is.

For more information click on this link: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/austin-aqua-farms/49652-some-photos-our-shop.html



IMG_4675-1.jpg


IMG_4677-1.jpg


IMG_4678-1.jpg


IMG_4680-1.jpg


IMG_4693-1.jpg


IMG_4683-1.jpg


IMG_4682-1.jpg
 
Last edited:
In this economy, a cot is about accurate! We do have a couch in the back room for when the shipments arrive at 2am and we are acclimating and dipping until the sun comes up. Some long nights to say the least!
 
So in the end what makes it worth it ? If you aint getin rich....

I guess for me it would be working for myself.
 
Last edited:
Enjoying what I do for a living and having the flexibility when it comes to life itself. As a coral vendor I surely will not die a rich man but I will have no regrets.
 
Ill be the first to say that money does not bring happiness but I would rather cry in a Ferrari.
 
No one every believes it..... I dont even own a person reef tank. I have to deal with coral so much throughout the day it would be like bringing work home with me.
 
Like you said, with shop bills like that...... Everything is for sale!!
 
Ill be the first to say that money does not bring happiness but I would rather cry in a Ferrari.

this did not do it for me. my inlaws have one and with the coast to just keep it up.....I would do with out...:) I am happy where I am in life not rich but happy
 
It was just an expression. I would much rather have a Lamborghini. :wink:
 
Any other happy yet not rich vendors out there lol. What about the big wigs like Tyree, do ya think he's got a Lambo ?
 
I would say not. he spends so much for all of his shows and so on. Dr. Foster and Smith probably have Lamdos. They have something like 250 employees and doing over 20 million a year in business. Of course thats not profit.
 
I better leave this thread alone, we kinda stole it!:snicker:\

Dont want the MOD's to have to go through the entire thread and start deleting.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new