Wrasse exiled by chance

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6 line who some how got into the overflow area of my tank. I had a few firefish that also did that. However they some how managed to go through the side drill hole of the suction cut off. And lived a few days in the sumo until I was able to net them and return them with the rest of their school.

This 6 line seems to be happy living in isolation. I removed the strainer hoping he would get sucked into the sump but it has been 3 weeks. I would really love to see him back in the tank but unless he gets too weak to avoid the outlet suction he will be a loner. I also have a massive canopy to restrict any overhead rescue. Not that there is alot I would be able to do anyway the space is limited the the overflow.

Does anyone have any ideas or is he a write off.

RaeRae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy had this happen twice. We just shut off his return pump and he had a shop vac that he bought for his tank ACCIDENTS lol. And just keep sucking untill you hear a thud in the vacume. Put him back in the tank and it will swim sideways for a couple minutes but all was fine. Then he placed a net with small bobby pins over his over flow. We tried everything from nets to filling the overflow with necklece beeds and just could not get it out. So we used the shop vac. Good luck.

LPAJ5280

University of Northern CO
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what a funny problem to have. but i think i've got the same problem too. I've got a 150 and firefish mysteriously disappear over the course of a couple months. there's a canopy so they're not goin anywhere. That's the only explanation i can think of....

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you able to pull your standpipe out of the bulkhead? If so kill power to the return and pull the standpipe it will drain the overflow into the sump. That should suck him down to the sump.

Last edited:

chort55

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1, although my chromis always made the swim through the standpipe on their own lol

I dont the killing the return pump is fully necessary though, unless u dont have a baffle separating it from the tank drain section.

Back