WV reefers

leighismine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this forum. Live in Fairmont. Coming up on two years with a 55 gal + 15 gal sump. Doing soft and LPS. Nothing big right now. Also, clown, firefish, three damsels, and a fairly large skunk shrimp. Tank is doing well, just wish there was more around here.

karo25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R @leighismine ! Glad to have another mountaineer on here. We are certainly lacking in anything reef related in this area. Some smart enterprising young reefer should capitalize on that and start a reef shop ;)

leighismine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, Princeton is 3 hrs for me. I've bought at Petco in Morgantown and Wet Pets in Cannonsburg. I know Petco gets a bad rap, but I've had good luck there. I bought a firefish two years ago just to jumpstart the tank cycle and he's still going strong. I've bought a couple fish that have died from Wet Pets - and they are over priced.

What's the longest you all would consider safely driving a fish or frag in a bag from a store?

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, Princeton is 3 hrs for me. I've bought at Petco in Morgantown and Wet Pets in Cannonsburg. I know Petco gets a bad rap, but I've had good luck there. I bought a firefish two years ago just to jumpstart the tank cycle and he's still going strong. I've bought a couple fish that have died from Wet Pets - and they are over priced.

What's the longest you all would consider safely driving a fish or frag in a bag from a store?
Well you gotta think. They stay fine in bags for over 24 hrs from online vendors. Personal Touch pumps the bags full of oxygen so they will stay good for hours. I have about an hour drive or so from my house and everyone is always more than fine.
So to answer your question, about 24 hours if bagged properly.

Likefrieswiththat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two clowns, one pacific cleaner shrimp, handful of snails and hermit crabs.
Duncan
RBTA
Acropora
Two "colonies"of gsp and some blue thing that looks similar. Looks like the gsp is making a comeback tho

IMG_3964.JPG

karo25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Last time I was in Petco they were tearing out their live fish area. So as I was off work Friday I thought I'd stop by there. Turned out pretty well as they've just put in a whole new set of tanks and their saltwater area looks soo much better. I actually purchased 4 fish there that looked really good. So far they've done great.

I went up to Wet Pets and was afraid to purchase anything there on that particular day. Several tanks had fish scratching themselves on rocks or what appeared to be sick fish.

MounteeFrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wet Pets are way over priced, they cater to the wealthy in South Hills. Petco also updated their Coral tank, lighting it with an Ecotech Radian.

karo25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wet Pets are way over priced, they cater to the wealthy in South Hills. Petco also updated their Coral tank, lighting it with an Ecotech Radian.

Yes I saw that, super bright. After staring at the corals I realized just how bright.. haha! Lovely wrasse in that tank as well.

Likefrieswiththat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to be a negative Nancy but petcos tanks looked so sad Sunday. Almost every anemone they had was upside down and the coral tank was so cloudy I couldn't see anything in it.
Got lights swapped out on the long tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back