Yellow Fish Recommendations

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to see what I can do. I use the Ecotech RMS track system and the arms clamp onto the sides of the tank
Have them notch it out for you.. pretty simple.
E817EC3B-C0AC-4118-A202-53CD0CC2B0B1.jpeg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What mesh size did you use?
1/8" is the best recommendation if you keep small fish (maybe no matter what fish you keep, unless you really don't want the small increase in blocked light due to the smaller mesh size).
1/4” I’m thinking about changing it out..

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to see what I can do. I use the Ecotech RMS track system and the arms clamp onto the sides of the tank
If you can send me dimensions and have any access to a 3D printer, I can make a quick piece for the frame that notches around your light clamps if you go the standard window screen frame route making your own lid(s). Just let me know if interested.

1/4” I’m thinking about changing it out..
I went with 1/8" to limit as much jump-loss risk as possible.

c-horse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is also the yellow dottyback to consider. The half yellow bicolor dottyback may be a better choice, since it has a magenta half too.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibilities for your tank:

1. Yellow Coris / Silver Belly Wrasse- they’re essentially the same fish, just the Silver Belly is the Indian Ocean counterpart to the Yellow Coris (H. “Biochoeres” Chrysus/ H. “Biochoeres” Leuxocanthus)

2. Yellow Clown Goby (G. Okinawae)

3. Yellow Watchman Goby (C. Cinctus)

4. One of the yellow / blue damselfish, not completely yellow but hopefully enough, for both availability and affordability I would suggest the Azure (C. Hemicyanea). One of the most peaceful damsels too. If you want something a bit more rare, deepwater and more pricey, a Starcki might be nice.

5. Canary Blenny

6. Midas Blenny (E. Midas)

Just don’t tell anyone I mentioned Centropyge narcosis. :) Probably don’t want people peering into your bank account.

(on a serious note, it’s a very deepwater dwarf angel that’s way out of reach for 99% of hobbyists.)

I’d like to add that a Cherub Angel has a yellow face, so that’s an option. I was almost about to suggest a Colin’s Angel if you can find a CB one from Biota (bred by Bali Aquarich), the wild ones are notoriously difficult to keep alive, but IMP since they’re so docile for a dwarf angel they do best as the most dominant fish in a tank. If Biota gets some of the CB Venustas again, might wanna look into them.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a yellow fish to balance out the coloration in my tank. I'd love a Yellow Tang but I feel my tank would be too small. I have a 48 gallon that currently holds 2 clowns, 3 Green Chromis 1 Cardinal, 1 Diamond Goby, 1 Fire Fish, and 1 Royal Gramma. Any suggestions for a reef safe, peaceful, yellow fish I could add to a tank my size?
If your tank is 3’ long and has a sandbed, I would go for a Halichoeres leucoxanthus. I personally dislike fully yellow fish (With a few exceptions like Forcipiger longirostris). I had one for a short time before it died of internal parasites. So things to be warned about with these are;
- They risk chomping on your wanted inverts no matter which species you choose (Chrysus or Leucoxanthus)
- They will likely cloud up your water for the first few days of going into a sandbed
- These like all sand sleeping wrasses are not great with shipping or internal parasites and don’t do well in QT.

Another option is the Yellow Assessor (Assessor flavissimus). This species swims unusually and loves the overhangs where it is naturally found in reefs, sheltering from the currents. Downsides to this species are;
- It is a species of longfin which are related to basslets and can become aggressive
- They like overhangs and may not be seen 24/7

These are just 3 options for now, I will give a few more in a bit :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back